Cresta Bella Update

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
Sussudio

Re: Cresta Bella Update

Post by Sussudio »

KCLofts wrote: Funny.  Isn't the owner of that house a prominent downtown figurehead?
yeah, the landlord said it was a city council man or something. i just call him a lazy jackass. i think with a house that big he can afford some doggy poop bags.
i can see into his house since he doesn't have a lot of curtains. it's very pretty on the inside too. completely massive. i don't know the history, but would be interested if someone wanted to share that with me...
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

Czar wrote: I think it is Funks front porch!
I was wrong, I dont think the neighborhood would allow the Funk to live in the westside neigborhood
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

we'd prefer not to have him...
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

Sussudio wrote: i don't really live in that house, but in the apartments nearby. there's a little yard for our building that he and his wife take his dogs to poop in and don't clean it up. our landlord has been working on that...
I know two people who live in the apartments to the south of that house....
one in Hillview, the other in the one south of Hillview.
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

whats the address of that house? you can get his name from the jackson county website...then turn it in to fox four problem solvers...just to be a pain in the ass and see what kind of dumb entertaining shit fox 4 could come up with.
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

i might be getting the address....

my friend suggested that i bag up all his poop and place it on his porch with a friendly reminder that it's polite to scoop your own poop. i thought i should set in on fire for theatrical effect and shits and giggles, but i didn't want to risk burning that beautiful house to the ground.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

My mom did that when I was a kid, scooped up all a neighbors dog poop, and lined it up in front of their garage so they would drive through it and track it in. 
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

i love your mom, she's my new hero!
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

http://www.crestabellakc.com/
http://www.reeceandnichols.com/Listing/ ... rBar=false

They have Six houses listed at this time. There are nine lots. Does anyone know if the other three have been bought?
Sussudio

Post by Sussudio »

The first house will be built this Spring/Summer according to my apartment management company (located Southwest from the development). We were asked to call the landlord with any construction related problems-like the drilling and hacking before 7am and after 10pm (recent experience).
drumatix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by drumatix »

Does anyone think that the future residents of these houses know that they're moving into an Independence Day warzone? The portion of the street just a hair south from Cresta Bella gets blocked off during most Independence days for a huge street party... that'd be a terrifying place to live if you were afraid of fireworks!
voltopt
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by voltopt »

Its my favorite place to be on the 4th...
"I never quarrel, sir; but I do fight, sir; and when I fight, sir, a funeral follows, sir."   -senator thomas hart benton
drumatix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by drumatix »

I went by & checked out the site yesterday, and there's been quite a bit of work done. I did notice that the foundation & first level are up on the northernmost unit, and it's a little bit... close... to the neighbor's house.

Does anyone know how property lines work when shared driveways are concerned? The driveway on the existing house has been partially replaced (about half of it) by the new development's foundation, making the existing driveway incredibly narrow. Just wondering if a shared driveway may essentially be cut in half lengthwise to accommodate new construction on a neighboring lot. It seemed like that could have been the case here. Somebody probably wasn't really happy about this one.
studentper
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by studentper »

drumatix wrote: Does anyone know how property lines work when shared driveways are concerned? The driveway on the existing house has been partially replaced (about half of it) by the new development's foundation, making the existing driveway incredibly narrow. Just wondering if a shared driveway may essentially be cut in half lengthwise to accommodate new construction on a neighboring lot. It seemed like that could have been the case here. Somebody probably wasn't really happy about this one.
In our old house we had shared easements for the driveway.  I believe I owned one foot of the actual land and had a seven foot easement onto my neighbors property for the driveway.  (my neighbor owned seven feet of the land and had a one foot easement.)  we couldn't do anything without the other's permission.  i'd be real surprised if the builder hadn't purchased the easement or perhaps the actual drive was wider than the easement under it.  that could be a fun fight if it was messed up.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

If you were the neighboring homeowner, it would probably be well worth contacting an attorney.  Even if the easement wasn't formalized on paper, the fact that it was presumably used and permitted for many decades may well provide grounds to claim that it was granted. 
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: If you were the neighboring homeowner, it would probably be well worth contacting an attorney.  Even if the easement wasn't formalized on paper, the fact that it was presumably used and permitted for many decades may well provide grounds to claim that it was granted. 
The neighboring homeowner isan attorney.  This could be interesting.