This is where the Crossroads should go next...

A place to post and request pictures of Kansas City.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

Imagine if we got some housing in the Crossroads that looked like this:
From a Portland thread: http://www.skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho ... adid=41360
macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

housing

Post by macnw »

I live here in Portland, about five miles from the "Pearl." This is one of the yuppiest neighboorhoods around. And the prices relfect it. You cannot even look at anything less than 250,00, unless it's a studio. The "Pearl" is a nightmare to try to negotiate, especially in a vehicle. Portland does have a street car that runs through the district. Forget about parking. Very dense, which is actually good, but getting to and fro is a real pain. KC would need to focus on some different parking strategies to pull this off.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: housing

Post by trailerkid »

macnw wrote:I live here in Portland, about five miles from the "Pearl." This is one of the yuppiest neighboorhoods around. And the prices relfect it. You cannot even look at anything less than 250,00, unless it's a studio. The "Pearl" is a nightmare to try to negotiate, especially in a vehicle. Portland does have a street car that runs through the district. Forget about parking. Very dense, which is actually good, but getting to and fro is a real pain. KC would need to focus on some different parking strategies to pull this off.
Yes...I just like the look of it SOOO MUCH. I regret any association with yuppiecentricity, but design wise...I like it.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

I think it looks great: traffic, parking, prices, and all. Bring it on!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

tk...I think you're going to have to get over this idea of "yuppifying" downtown....it's going to happen and in many ways has already. It's far from terrible.

I think the reason you see this stuff in Denver & Portland while here you don't although we still have hundreds of lofts, is because we have a lot more empty structures just waiting to be converted and in those cities, they don't seem to have as many, so they need to built from the ground up.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc