RUMOR: World's tallest proposed in KC?

Issues concerning Downtown as described by the Downtown Council. River to 31st Street, I-35 to Bruce R. Watkins.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

Hehe I was bored so I went onto Fligh Simulator 2004 to the approximate spot to where their tower would be (remember, this is 1 of 6 possible locations in KC) and went up to the correct height (3,100ft above sea level) and took these screenshots of what the view would be like.
Here is one looking at Smithville Lake:
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

From Neal S. Lachman:

Q. This is one of my last questions. Is the company still planning to announce the project on Monday?
A. After all the misrepresentations of the EDC's response to and by sensation-seeking journalists we have decided to review our plans for the worldwide announcement. Nevertheless, we are planning to do something as soon as I come to Kansas City, which may be in mid-June. I'll be there to open our offices for our local team and to talk with reps of the related industries. We may do a major press announcement when we are in Kansas City. I have talked with Gary Sage and Andy Udris, and the Journalists are inventing stories by just misrepresenting the statements by the EDC or taking their responses out of context. I am on great terms with the EDC of Kansas City, the Clay County EDC, and the Department of Economic Development Missouri.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

I just want to point out that the last 6 posts in this thread came from Devin. Come on, admit it, you can't hide the fact that you are all kinds of excited. ;)
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

now I am, I wasn't at first, because now I know the guy can pull it off.
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

I think Devin needs a 2000 ft long tissue ;)
LyRiCaL GanGsTa

Post by LyRiCaL GanGsTa »

It's blatently obvious that Devin is behind this stupid trick. He is the only person posting repeatedly about this hoax. In a few years, when he is more mature, he may be able to pull this stunt off. The entire stunt, every word... appears to be written by a teenage nerd. If you guys can't see that he is the instigator and flame, that's your own fault. The only thing more preposterous than the sophmoric text is this idiotic logo from their website...
Would any of you trust your $$ to the guys that made/approved this logo? :roll:
Last edited by LyRiCaL GanGsTa on Mon May 03, 2004 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

Do you actually think a near 16 year old kid can get a real estate site to post an article, and get the biz journal to do one too? Not to mention taking the time to create a 50 page concept plan and create a website with complex html? If you do, then thanks, but no thanks, I'm not that creative, and besides, i wouldn't take the time to do something, and besides, fooling people and lying is not my kind of humor.
LyRiCaL GanGsTa

I think you and several other nerds are in collusion....Probably DeadManSquaking, he is nerd enough to spend days on end building the pathetic website. One of you sent a email to globest.com and they probably just cut and pasted it to their website without verifying it. Has anyone contacted globest.com to confirm the original story? I tried to find the story on their site and they removed it completely?
Last edited by LyRiCaL GanGsTa on Mon May 03, 2004 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

hehe, no. I have a life.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

LyRiCaL GanGsTa wrote: Image
Would any of you trust your $$ to the guys that made/approved this logo? :roll:
That was the first thing I noticed... the fact that their logo, made in 2004, looks like the one I made for the web site of North Kansas City... in NINETEEN NINETY-FIVE.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

LG....chill with the name calling, alright? It doesn't add anything to the conversation does it?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
LyRiCaL GanGsTa

what name-calling... "nerd"? That isn't name-calling. Don't tell me what to do, it's my opinion... delete it if you want but don't lip off and try telling me what to say.

Frankly, Devin is making KC look like bad on the site he keeps posting to about this lunacy.
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

oh really? It makes us look bad when I am showing my support for a giant project some1 wants to build here? We aren't a cowtown you know.
LG what is with your constant flaming? You have to stop it. You as an adult should know when to keep your mouth shut. Unfortunately, you don't show your maturity on here. I'd like to see more constructive and respective posts from you and no insultive posts.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Devin, seriously, this proposal is a total joke. I think you could find more professionalism in most high school economic class reports.

There is just no substance to this idea at all and there is not one single ounce of a reason why anyone should take it seriously. We will be expanding the KCK tornado before this guy buys his property east of Birmingham to build this.

We can’t get an out of town developer to build a ten story tower in KC. I think that condo tower at 46th and Broadway will be the first in a long long time.

But we have plenty going on regardless. Let’s get that arena built!

Speaking of arena, how about the World's Largest Biggest most luxurious Arena in the USA?

(moronic grammer is on purpose, I scanned through the "concept") ;)
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

was the misspelling of grammar on purpose too? :P
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

KCNorthlander wrote:was the misspelling of grammar on purpose too? :P
No, that come very naturally sp?
KCDevin

Post by KCDevin »

http://www.emporis.com/en/bu/nc/ne/?id=101121
Its on skyscrapers.com now. but this is what struck me:
"The development site is best described as being on the west side of the I-435 corridor, north of I-35 and northwest of Kansas City's "Worlds of Fun" theme park. The land is mostly undeveloped, rural and with rolling hills. "
This is the 2nd of the 2 sites they must be looking at.
Oh well, just thought I would add this.