Cold Storage Lofts

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
KC_Bondsman
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Cold Storage Lofts

Post by KC_Bondsman »

This should show you how bad it is.

some idiot has walked though the building to be so petty as to walk away and steal door mats in front of people's doors including mine

KC_Bondsman
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

Yeah that is pretty dumb, I was really looking into this place to move but it just keeps getting worse.
HalcyonKC
New York Life
New York Life

Post by HalcyonKC »

KC_Bondsman wrote: This should show you how bad it is.

some idiot has walked though the building to be so petty as to walk away and steal door mats in front of people's doors including mine

KC_Bondsman
Maybe they misinterpreted "Welcome".
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

what the f*ck would anyone do with 10+ door mats..  I dont see a big demand in the used doormat "market"..
bruce
Pad site
Pad site

Post by bruce »

Whoever it was didn't steal them, they piled them all in the west elevator. It was just a stupid prank.
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

Next thing you know they will use the master key and soak your hand in warm water as you sleep.....
ray
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by ray »

question? has there been three deaths there? Heard a rumor there was was in the past three weeks or so and the rent was going to be raised because of it. that's the scuddle butt in Columbus park.
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

ray wrote: question? has there been three deaths there? Heard a rumor there was was in the past three weeks or so and the rent was going to be raised because of it. that's the scuddle butt in Columbus park.
What? This doesn't make any sense. Raised rent?

"Due to our added amenity of "Mortality Realization," all rents will go up $10."

Trust me, if people were dying like that at a major new project, it'd be in the news. This is a silly rumor.
loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by loftguy »

I guess people are really dying to live there.....die there..........whatever?
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

"People are dying to get into our lofts!"
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
kcshawn
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by kcshawn »

Maybe they should change the name to "Cold Case Lofts".  :D
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

All those rumors are Bullsh*t.  OJ just need to break in to get his mofo stuff back, no one died...
maec55
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by maec55 »

I know rumors can get twisted and distored, but I am curious how something like three deaths could even get started.

I sure haven't seen the meat wagon hanging out around my building.

Also, we signed a one year lease so if they are riasing rent it won't be until Spring 2008.
Last edited by maec55 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC_Bondsman
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KC_Bondsman »

That rumor I is pretty far fetched to say the least.  As much as this place has a bad reputation already.  Death has not happeded yet.

Although there was a fellon running loose in the building that cops had to chase inside of the building and take to jail on saterday that lives here.  but what else is new right?

KC_Bondsman.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

Hopefully their roommates get an automatic "A".
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
KC0KEK
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KC0KEK »

Czar wrote: All those rumors are Bullsh*t.  OJ just need to break in to get his mofo stuff back, no one died...
:lol:
deskside
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by deskside »

KC_Bondsman wrote: That rumor I is pretty far fetched to say the least.  As much as this place has a bad reputation already.  Death has not happeded yet.

Although there was a fellon running loose in the building that cops had to chase inside of the building and take to jail on saterday that lives here.  but what else is new right?

KC_Bondsman.
I haven't posted on here in awhile simply because I was the one doing all the complaining and no one seemed to quite understand that my complaints were valid!

So there was a felon running around in here on Saturday night?  I ask because I saw a pretty shifty person in the garage carrying a pint of something and he was going to prop the door open till he saw me watching.  I'm tired of saying Hail Mary's everytime I get out of my car and make a run for the elevator!

The next night I had 2 guys follow me in on foot when I opened the garage door.  They were pretty scary looking and wound up on my floor banging on a door.  I think it was on the door where the rumor is the woman gets beaten up constantly.  I've never heard the abuse as I'm on the opposite end of the hall but had I heard it I would have called the police.

The one time I did call the police they couldn't get in because there was no security guard at the front door.  I couldn't go down to let them in because I didn't know where the people were that I called the police on.  So I told the officer "no sweat just go around to the garage door as it is wide open and you have free access to the building."  He about shit.

As far as cameras go everytime something happens they promise the cameras "...and they'll be in next week" ... haven't seen them yet.

As far as the office staff .... they turn over so fast I don't even know who is down there anymore.  I'm furious at them for not giving the manager my messages for him to call me.  Their attitude is bazaar and totally unprofessional.  But then again if I had to put up with the clientele they have here I'd probably be the same way.  They have had some good people in the past but there is no way anyone in their right mind would work for very long in those conditions.

OK, pee story.  I pointed out a large puddle of pee to our "maintenance man" who is really only suited to be a groundskeeper, and he stepped in it to see if it was wet or not.  It was wet, duh.  He then proceeded to walk around the building with the pee on his shoe.  That spot was never cleaned up. Oh yea and he mumbled something about "Well at least it's not human pee!"  Gee that made me feel so much better ... jeez!

I lived in dorms in college that were tamer than this place and cleaner. 

This place had so much potential. It was a great dream but they let the dream die.  Whatever happened to the market that was supposed to be in here and the restaurant?  I'm paying for amenities that don't exist.

I really, really wish I had something nice to say about this place.  I think it's suited for a younger crowd...there that was nice.  I'm too old for this place .... man did I just admit that?  LOL  But, with that said I can't live in a place where I can't have my grandson come visit.

I need a list of good places to live in the RiverMarket .... anyone have one???
deskside
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by deskside »

staubio wrote: While I'm sure there is legitimacy to your concerns, I've spent quite a bit of time inside the building and I haven't observed any significant problems. The building has always been clean and well cared for when I've been there and the people that I know really enjoy living there and are proud of their homes. I've seen maintenance  around the building fixing stuff, ticketing illegally parked cars and cleaning up. I pass the grounds every day and they always look fine.

When there are major events/concerts in the City Market, even the nicest buildings in the neighborhood look a little bit rough. It is simply a matter of lots of people being around visiting lots of residents in a party atmosphere.

Like I said, I'm sure there is something to this but if it really is as bad as you describe, we'd have heard more about it than from just one person. I have no doubt that the building is just "settling in" and with a concentration of young people, I'm sure there will be some growing pains. I sincerely hope that there isn't an apathetic management issue. Have you tried contacting the developer listing your concerns? You have 6 posts and half of them are about Cold Storage. Are you just wanting to trash the place or what else can be done?
Are you one of the "investors" that comes in?  That is the only time they clean this building, when the "investors' are touring.

Trying to deal with corporate is a horrendous ordeal....that is if they even call you back.  Their garage ceiling fell on my car and they have not bothered to repair my car yet.  I also complained about the prostitutes that hang out in the front and in the hallways.  The manager at corporate who is over the building manager, laughed at me and tried to tell me that I didn't know what a prostitute was.  I grew up in the private school system and have a degree from a private college .... but nope I don't know a prostitute when I see one or in this case groups of prostitutes when I see them.  Just all my imagination.

Every complaint on this board is VALID!  From the beer cans, to the pee, to the dog shit, to the dorm atmosphere .... at least in a college dorm there is some intelligence .... not here.  I can walk all over the River Market and feel safe until I walk up to this building where I exist ... this isn't living and it sure is not home!
deskside
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by deskside »

WinchesterMysteryHouse wrote: Is the Cold Storage Lofts still an encouraging prospect for the development of River Market as a part of the larger picture: Downtown in 2007?

My impression, externally, is that the tenants have done little to increase foot traffic during the week. 

Weekend's folks pack the River Market, 'til 5: or so. 

According to Bondsman this place internally is a slum. 
Foot traffic .... I'm not even sure these people can afford shoes let alone spend money at the market businesses.  I would have to say that most of these people have never even walked into a nice restaurant and ordered a meal before. IT IS A SLUM in here.  This development could single handedly ruin the market.  Why aren't the business owners around here up in arms over this?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

I'd email your city council people.  Did the buidling get TIF?
There is no fifth destination.