Cold Storage Lofts

New to downtown life? Have questions? Urban living expert, come share your thoughts.
K.C.Highrise
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: Cold Storage Lofts

Post by K.C.Highrise »

Hope it goes better for cold storage.
maec55
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by maec55 »

Thought some good news might put things slightly into perspective.

Friday night I came home from work around 6 p.m. and noticed my AC was not working. I walked down to the main office and the staff there proved to be amazingly helpful.

Less than 45 minutes after I told them about the problem they had a repair man and the building mananger there working on the unit. (something about a fried relay)

I was impressed. On a Friday evening and there he was fixing my AC.

The Mgr and I talked for a while and I asked him about some of the problems there. He said they were well aware and were working to improve them - including installing more cameras outside, increasing security and installing cameras on each floor. He also had mentioned a few new things that will be coming down in the next few months to improve parking and some of the trash issues.

I have always enjoyed living at Cold Storage and I was taken a little off guard to hear some of the issues here, but it sounds like the change in leadership is taking it seriously and getting to work on the problems.
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

Cameras on every floor. Just the kinda place I want to live, and pay $1300 a month for...ugh

My friends were going to have there wedding on the roof. Can't get up there anymore. Fuckers.
KC_Bondsman
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KC_Bondsman »

No wedding, ain't that a shame.  well GOOD at least I don't have to hear you fuckers below me either! and pay 1,3000 a month for that as well!

You have a problem with cameras?,  the only people who don't like camera are only those people who don't wanna be watched because they are doing somthing wrong most likely.

I guess you rather put you money in a paper sack instead of a bank.  YIKES it might have cameras...LOL
Last edited by KC_Bondsman on Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
K.C.Highrise
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by K.C.Highrise »

$1,3000 a month? wow! you are getting ripped off. lol
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

Post by Czar »

What a rat hole, the inside wouldnt be fit for a prison.  $1,300 a month is a mortgage payment in Riverbend.
WinchesterMysteryHouse
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by WinchesterMysteryHouse »

scooterj wrote: My brother no longer likes his place.   When he first moved in he had no neighbors.   He has neighbors now. They are very noisy and the walls are apparently paper thin.   He was actually awakened one morning by the sound of his neighbor having diarrhea, so you can imagine how unpleasant of a wake-up that was.
No way.

Do any Cold Storage renters post to the entire forum?

Other than Bondsman. 
KC_Bondsman
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KC_Bondsman »

I hope I'm not the only one.  getting kinda loanly by my self :)

But yeah I can even hear my next door neighbor taking a pee every morning witch his bathroom is next to my bedroom.  Lovely huh.
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

KC_Bondsman wrote: No wedding, ain't that a shame.  well GOOD at least I don't have to hear you fuckers below me either! and pay 1,3000 a month for that as well!
Wasn't my idea or my fucking wedding. But yeah the Banshee priest would have sucked for you.

[/quote]
You have a problem with cameras?,  the only people who don't like camera are only those people who don't wanna be watched because they are doing somthing wrong most likely.[/quote]

When do they start tapping the phones? What are they going to do, catch someone walking around with a beer bottle?

My point is, why the fuck would you pay a premium to live in a place that requires CCTV???? Might as well go to KFC, pick up a famous bowl, and eat a wet mound of starch like I'm a deathrow prisoner on suicide watch....
bruce
Pad site
Pad site

Post by bruce »

I can't hear my neighbors peeing or taking a crap, in fact I rarely hear them at all. Sometimes music. I like it here but I pay $650, I would never pay market rate. They need to do a better job of cleaning up the trash in the stairwell. I could care less if someone walks around with their drink, what a petty thing to get riled up about. I do get mad when people let their dog crap or pee on the floor and don't clean it up.  About the only thing the new management has accomplished is making sure the pool is locked after ten o'clock. The fire alarms went off AGAIN today...
KC_Bondsman
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KC_Bondsman »

LindseyLohan wrote: Wasn't my idea or my fucking wedding. But yeah the Banshee priest would have sucked for you.

My point is, why the fuck would you pay a premium to live in a place that requires CCTV???? Might as well go to KFC, pick up a famous bowl, and eat a wet mound of starch like I'm a deathrow prisoner on suicide watch....
Seems like to me your familiar with the prison system.

The camera is serving a very important cause.  they will be watching the parking lots.  I think having 4 cars stolen is a problem, handycap parking that will help identify these people. Safety of the pool deck with young children around, elevators for everyones personal safety, exercise room, track and play ground area.  There will be a camera by every entrance door in the building to watch who is unauthorized people comming and going. Each door that comes into the building will have an alarm if its being left open more than 60 seconds.

Its not uncommon these days for new complexes to have cameras in common public area so secure there property.  You pay for your own loft not the hallways.  you don't like it I suggest you move!

KC_Bondsman
KC_Bondsman
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KC_Bondsman »

bruce wrote: I can't hear my neighbors peeing or taking a crap, in fact I rarely hear them at all. Sometimes music. I like it here but I pay $650, I would never pay market rate. They need to do a better job of cleaning up the trash in the stairwell. I could care less if someone walks around with their drink, what a petty thing to get riled up about. I do get mad when people let their dog crap or pee on the floor and don't clean it up.  About the only thing the new management has accomplished is making sure the pool is locked after ten o'clock. The fire alarms went off AGAIN today...
Bruce,

Yeah they do need to do a better job of cleaning up around here.  Yeah I do care that they walk around with there drinks. Take that crap to your own loft.  and there are always ways to work togeather.  Why can't you put that in a plastic cup with a lid and clean up after your self.  Do you honestly think beer bottles is good to have laying around empty in the hallways?  if I owned my own home do you honestly think I would wanna see my next door neighboor throwing beer bottles out in his Yard and leaving it there.  and even if he did, don't you think people have the right to complain to the city to have them come out and write them a ticket and have to go to court and pay a fine for such bad behavior?  a place like this shouldn't be any different than owning your own home.

My Dog did pee on the floor once in the hallway by the elevator, and yep I sure did get a bucket of soapy water and cleaned up my own dogs mess.  as for others yeah I hate it just as much as you do.

As far as the pool, My loft is directly below the pool deck.  I can now sleep in my own bed at knight and not have to hear the noise, voices and foot steps.  and as much as I have complained about this place.  closing the pool deck at knight and keeping the gate locked during the day and the other exit door has greatly reduced the problems around here.  They only problems around here I see, parking lot and garage parking, and the dog crap in the grass and island areas, and the trash and beer cans and bottles in the hallways.

But it is getting better!.

As far as the fire alarm, some brat of a kid pull the fire alarm switch on the second floor stairwell. by 2nd floor garage.  it kept going off afterwards becuase there was a faulty switch after they turned it off.  But Seimons came out a hour later and fixed the problem. All the more reassons why cameras are going in.

KC_Bondsman
Last edited by KC_Bondsman on Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
maec55
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by maec55 »

WinchesterMysteryHouse wrote: Do any Cold Storage renters post to the entire forum?

Other than Bondsman. 
I've been in Cold Storage since April. I have noticed some improvements this past month. But then again, I have been happy with my place from the beginning. I used to rent a house in Independence and - oddly enough - Cold Storage has been cleaner and quiter than the house in the 'burbs (Not a slam on Independence, just the neighborhood I was in).

I'm sure if I thought long enough about it I could come up with somethings that need improvement.
KC_Bondsman
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KC_Bondsman »

As of today, Augest 26th,

As I was doing my rounds and checking my own personal storage room. I noticed they where broken into and my personal items where all rummaged though and items where taken of simi but of lesser value.  As disappointed as I was I made a sweep though the building and noticed that most but not all of the occupied storage room lockers where broken into.

If any of you live here and have tenant storage rooms you might wanna check them. for anything thats been missing.

I'm totally sick to death with this place now.

KC_Bondsman
kuslamb
New York Life
New York Life

Post by kuslamb »

How were the storage units broken into.  Were the locks cut, or the doors ripped off, etc...
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

KC_Bondsman wrote: As of today, Augest 26th,

As I was doing my rounds and checking my own personal storage room. I noticed they where broken into and my personal items where all rummaged though and items where taken of simi but of lesser value.  As disappointed as I was I made a sweep though the building and noticed that most but not all of the occupied storage room lockers where broken into.

If any of you live here and have tenant storage rooms you might wanna check them. for anything thats been missing.

I'm totally sick to death with this place now.

KC_Bondsman

This is bad to hear b/c me and my parents have been looking at this place. It seems once we find a place we like we find out so many bad things about them.
AllThingsKC
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by AllThingsKC »

I'm sorry to hear about that!

But, that kind of crap can happen anywhere, unfortunately.
KC is the way to be!
KC_Bondsman
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by KC_Bondsman »

AllThingsKC wrote: I'm sorry to hear about that!

But, that kind of crap can happen anywhere, unfortunately.
As to how they where broken into.  The poor responsibility of Cold Storage and its current management, poor design, constuction, layout and lack of consern.  The doors that go into the tenant storage area where not keyed correctly.  Every resident has access to every floor that goes into the tenate storage rooms. 

In the original design that was not done correctly.  If you put the key and turn it to the right should unlock the door and when you turn it left should relock the door when you take the key out.  but thats not the case here.  the locks are all half ass.  some of them lock correctly on one door but not on the other door.  so when you unlock it it stays unlocked unless you turn it counter cockwise to lock it again witch most residence don't or don't realize they have too.  Some of the storage rooms don't even have Locks on them, OR they have one lock on one door but not on the other one, Some won't even lock or unlock period.

As to how they where broken into they where ripped out by the screws that hold the latch to the studs.

Yes can it happen anywhere.  but when you allow such poor consuction and the property owners acts the way they do and allowing free access for crime it doesn't have to happen.  Its like leaving a bank safe open with your money in it and the bank being surprised that your money got stolen!  They don't even know who has storage bins and don't even know who's paying for them and who is not paying for them! plus you have to pay 30 bucks a month for storage and you STILL get it broken into..I mean come on its not like your getting it for free and expect it to happen at your own risk. I mean come on you pay money for its security and safty!

KC_Bondsman
Last edited by KC_Bondsman on Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LindseyLohan
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by LindseyLohan »

My concern isn't the cameras. It's the fact that you pay an ungodly amount of money for a place that requires security of that magnitude. when you spend that much money on a place it should not be a shithole that requires security cameras everywhere.
WinchesterMysteryHouse
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by WinchesterMysteryHouse »

Is the Cold Storage Lofts still an encouraging prospect for the development of River Market as a part of the larger picture: Downtown in 2007?

My impression, externally, is that the tenants have done little to increase foot traffic during the week. 

Weekend's folks pack the River Market, 'til 5: or so. 

According to Bondsman this place internally is a slum.