XO done for?

Discuss items in the urban core outside of Downtown as described above. Everything in the core including the east side (18th & Vine area), Northeast, Plaza, Westport, Brookside, Valentine, Waldo, 39th street, & the entire midtown area.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

XO done for?

Post by trailerkid »

OK...I hate commenting on pedestrian gossip that's often not even true or accurate, Hearne Christopher's job description, but it seems there might be problems in paradise, or in this case...Westport's XO Club. Neighbors are happy, clubbers confused, and band Katy Rose pissed when they were forced to move their show from XO for reasons that seem a little odd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XO not feeling the love these days

HEARNE CHRISTOPHER JR.

Things have been a little iffy at the popular Westport dance club XO in recent weeks.

First the club's telephone service went out — albeit temporarily — a handful of days before Playboy magazine's 50th anniversary bash March 17. Playboy was concerned, but the event went off without any hitches. The Mix 93.3 FM concert with teen rocker Katy Rose on April Fools' Day was not so fortunate. Rose went door-to-door in Westport that evening trying to find another place to play.

“Katy Rose concert moved to the Hurricane, 4050 Broadwayâ€
KCPowercat
Ambassador

XO done for?

Post by KCPowercat »

that would suck....KC already has too few huge dance clubs.

I wish Jim Grow would find this site, I'd love to hear his opinion.....who moves to Westport and then complains there are bars there?
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

XO done for?

Post by chrizow »

i really really want XO to close.

1. for a "big" dance club, XO is pretty broke-ass. the sound is terrible, the interior is lame, and the set-up is really inefficient.

2. if XO goes away, something cool can take up that large space.

3. if XO goes away, maybe someone who knows how to construct a real club will do so - DOWNTOWN, where such a club belongs.

KC deserves one great large dance club, and XO ain't it.

* as an aside, anyone who lives near westport and complains about noise and/or parking needs to get over it. if you want silence, move to Gardner or Greenwood.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

XO done for?

Post by KCPowercat »

Chiz...I agree, not the best. A nice huge club on Main by DB would be sweet......maybe another on Grand by Chemical.....

No bar would be where XO is if they closed....that Jim dude would stop at nothing to make sure of that.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

XO done for?

Post by trailerkid »

I say let him run most of the bars out of Westport. Westport would actually be cool if it wasn't for the overexposed nightlife.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

XO done for?

Post by bahua »

I don't see why yet another club wouldn't move into that spot, just like they always have.
UMKCgal
Strip mall
Strip mall

XO done for?

Post by UMKCgal »

This city has too few of dance clubs..starting to remind me of Wichita. Lol I wouldn't want that...but if xo closes for good they still need to bring another dance club...preferably (hip and trendy) in downtown. Not very many ppl I know like xo