Tiffany Springs Market Center

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
gypsymarket
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Re: Tiffany Springs Market Center

Post by gypsymarket »

I'm glad I found this thread. I live within a mile of this plot and have been wondering what was going in--I was hoping for a Target (dangerous as it might be for my wallet.)
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

gypsymarket wrote: I live within a mile of this plot and have been wondering what was going in--I was hoping for a Target (dangerous as it might be for my wallet.)
Welcome neighbor.  :D
KansasCityChiefs
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KansasCityChiefs »

I haven't been following this much lately, has anything new or exciting happened at the site? Are there any scheduled dates for construction? I know the earthmovers were there a while ago, but I heard they left towards the end of last year.
Kansas City, Bleeding red since 1963.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

KansasCityChiefs wrote: I haven't been following this much lately, has anything new or exciting happened at the site? Are there any scheduled dates for construction? I know the earthmovers were there a while ago, but I heard they left towards the end of last year.
Nope.  After they finished leveling it out it's been inactive.  Some of the equipment is still sitting there though.  I'm guessing they're waiting for it to warm up some so they can start with the concrete work.  They'll have to start soon on such a big project if it's to open in O8 as they say it will.
gypsymarket
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by gypsymarket »

Thrillcekr wrote: Welcome neighbor.  :D
gypsymarket
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by gypsymarket »

I was doing some browsing on Google Maps today and realized just how large this chunk of land really is.

I wouldn't be too hurt if they put in a Whole Foods.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

gypsymarket wrote: I was doing some browsing on Google Maps today and realized just how large this chunk of land really is.

I wouldn't be too hurt if they put in a Whole Foods.
I'd like to see a 24 hour fitness.
gypsymarket
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by gypsymarket »

Thrillcekr wrote: I'd like to see a 24 hour fitness.
that would be PHENOMENAL

I go to the NKC Community center because it's on my way home from work, but I'd love to have a place so close. I've used the "fitness" room at my apt complex a few times, but it's kind of dingy and doesn't offer much in terms of strength training.
Thrillcekr
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Thrillcekr »

Ahh!!! The dust is kicking up everywhere now.  First Zona Rosa and now this project.  Saw a bunch of graders (graters?) getting busy adding some finishing touches to the groundwork on this site.  I love construction season.  Even if it does mean my car always being dusty.
Last edited by Thrillcekr on Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosedalian
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by rosedalian »

I ride my bike by here every day on my way back to the bus at boardwalk...I would hate to live in the one farm house left on NW Tiffany Springs road.  It is interesting, I've been riding on that road since last June or July, and I'm not sure when they started the grading (although I like the metaphoric use of "grating") the land, I think I rode it once or twice, then they ripped open the land...

Anyway, when the wind is from the south, it really whips across that open dirt.  I wonder if they'll expand any of the roads that feed in from the west or north...

Here's my route.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=420552

Mike
GuyInLenexa
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by GuyInLenexa »

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/ ... st=b_ln_hl

I suppose this is the official announcement on this new Northland project.  With the second phase of Zona Rosa and this, this is going to be the major commercial hub for the Northland.

Good news for the metro.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

That Atlanta Biz Journal comes up as a bad URL for me.

I live and work not too far from this development and ZR.  ZR has a pretty sizable hole dug for phase II as well as a new building with walls erected right across from Dicks and B&N.

This new development on the northeast corner of I-29/152 keeps having a ton of grading.  They hit it strong late last year, then slowed over the winter and have been back to heaving grading this Spring and Summer.  They've also added some turn lanes on Ambassador drive, so it looks like something is in the works for the land on the east side of Ambassador.  I would hope it would be commercial considering the location, but I guess it could be residential.  No work is being done to the ground there just yet, but they did put in a right-turn lane on that side, which indicates to me something is planned.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Is there another area of town that will have as much retail in one area as Barry and 29 in a few years? Wow.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

GRID wrote: Is there another area of town that will have as much retail in one area as Barry and 29 in a few years? Wow.
Eastern Independence.

Why is Sports Authority coming now?
Slappy the Wang
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by Slappy the Wang »

trailerkid wrote: Eastern Independence.

Why is Sports Authority coming now?
The Sports Authority is setting up several shops in KC..northland and JoCo.

Northland retail is finally taking off...Zona, Boardwalk, Tiffany Springs Market Center, White Hall in Liberty and 2 million sf of retail planned for 152 & Shoal Creek Parkway.
Be green or go Broke Tryin'
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

I noticed this past week that they have now progressed past the constant grading to actual digging.  There is a lot of digging going on now, so I would say we should start seeing some real construction in September.
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

Roads are starting to go in now, and there are quite a few street lamps up in the area.  Also, they have closed Tiffany Springs Rd between Skyview and Ambassador.  It is already completely torn up.  Not sure if they are going to just widen it or better yet, move it so the road lines up with the bridge going over I-29.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

Yet another rape of the earth to pave it over
SWFan
New York Life
New York Life

Post by SWFan »

There is now a large banner on the west side of the development facing towards I-29 that lists the stores going in there.  Listed were Target, Best Buy, JCPenny, The Home Depot, and Sports Authority.  I think that is all of them that were listed.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

SWFan wrote: There is now a large banner on the west side of the development facing towards I-29 that lists the stores going in there.  Listed were Target, Best Buy, JCPenny, The Home Depot, and Sports Authority.  I think that is all of them that were listed.
Geez....

So I guess that's the nail in the coffin for the 169 best buy?  That area is going to look like Bannister Mall in five years.