Wyandotte Driver's Licenses?

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Wyandotte Driver's Licenses?

Post by nota »

Does this answer seem like a horribly customer unfriendly cop out to anyone but me?

I'm not familiar with Kansas licensing, but they need to make special arrangements for these large groups so that the regular folks aren't inconvenienced as much.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Wyandotte Driver's Licenses?

Post by bahua »

I would be willing to bet that this event happened near the beginning or the end of the month, too.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

You are probably correct, but businesses or agencies that serve the public should be able to plan for these-they should be able to handle the customer volume.

Customer service is sadly lacking more and more these days. Especially at gov't run agencies.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

That's because at government agencies, we aren't "customers," to them. We're idiots holding up their lines. We're somehow inconveniencing them, by having the audacity to come in and ask for some service for our tax dollars.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

bahua wrote: That's because at government agencies, we aren't "customers," to them. We're idiots holding up their lines. We're somehow inconveniencing them, by having the audacity to come in and ask for some service for our tax dollars.
A big high five for that one.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

nota wrote: You are probably correct, but businesses or agencies that serve the public should be able to plan for these-they should be able to handle the customer volume.

Customer service is sadly lacking more and more these days. Especially at gov't run agencies.
I would agree about the lack of planning.  It doesn't take an idiot to figure out that the volume of people getting a car registered is going to increase towards the end of the month.  Yet I can tell you from recent experience that the downtown DMV office still only operates two open windows at the end of the month.  If restaurants can figure out how to book more staff for weekends and holidays, how come the DMV can't figrure out how to book more staff for the end of the month? 
Tosspot
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by Tosspot »

I would figure it's hard to get part-time help to only work the latter half of the month. There aren't that many people who go looking for jobs saying "I want to work the second half of the month."

photoblog. 

until further notice i will routinely point out spelling errors committed by any here whom i frequently do battle wit
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Tosspot wrote: I would figure it's hard to get part-time help to only work the latter half of the month. There aren't that many people who go looking for jobs saying "I want to work the second half of the month."
I guess that probably true - but if they didn't restrict the operating hours to the rediculous banker's hours that they keep, they would have a hell of a lot more flexibility in scheduling their staff and loading it up for peak times. 
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

Tosspot wrote: I would figure it's hard to get part-time help to only work the latter half of the month. There aren't that many people who go looking for jobs saying "I want to work the second half of the month."
That wouldnt' be the way I would schedule it. Part timers could work all month and just work more at the end of the month.

If I could get a part time job that I would only work a few hours a couple of weeks a month, I'd jump at it. And I promise I could expedite the lines.

The scheduling would be the easy part. The hard part would be to break the bad habits of the old dinosaurs and bring them into 2006.