Global warming

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Global warming

Post by shinatoo »

Beermo wrote: why, were you thinking about asking him out on a date?

funny thing is nobody has ever told me that my truck is a turnoff or bad for the earth or whatever and my truck has a much bigger engine than a hummer does, uses more gas and gets worse gas mileage.

i think we can chalk up your distaste to plain 'ol hummer envy.

what is funny about hummer envy is that people who bash others because of their choice of vehicles

1. usually have no clue about what's under the hood of one of them.

2. are lemmings.

3. don't know that hummers have one of the smallest engines in gm's v-8 lineup.

4. that they don't cost any more than the usual suv suspects and get good gas mileage for a v-8.

5. are usually miserable themselves and like to get into other folk's business so they'll feel better.

btw, who gives a rats ass what stretch drives. if you are really put off by what stretch drives maybe you should delve a little further into this and work to get the u.s. to sign off on the kyoto treaty. that would do more for the world than bashing people's choice of vehicles.
Enlighten me as to why the US should sign the Kyoto treaty, making them the only one of the BIG 3 carbon producers to have to reduce emissions. Since the Kyoto treaty excludes China and India from carbon reductions.
WorldTraveler
New York Life
New York Life

Global warming

Post by WorldTraveler »

shinatoo wrote: Enlighten me as to why the US should sign the Kyoto treaty, making them the only one of the BIG 3 carbon producers to have to reduce emissions. Since the Kyoto treaty excludes China and India from carbon reductions.
I really hope you were posing this question as bait to see if this forum is full of morons and not asking a serious question...

China does not have to sign the Kyoto treaty because the economy is based largely on processes that are just now gaining momentum (meaning the last 20 years). Why should China all of a sudden grind their economy to a halt? The US never had to stop developing during it's industrial revolution. If Global Warming is caused by humans, then it was the US and other major industrial nations that did it. China was never involved because China never had pollution until very recently. Why does China have to pay for damage it did not do? TODAY China is the top producer of emissions. China also has over a billion people living in it. The ratio of pollution to people is actually better than most other countries in the world. Compared to the US China is actually helping the environment.

Not only that, but if China had to stop what it was doing for industrial realignment with Kyoto, millions and millions of people would be unemployed, homeless, or dead.

The concept is similar to prescription drugs. Why do the big pharm companies charge sometimes 1/20th the price for their drugs in other countries? Because they can either charge that price and make a sale, or A) no one will buy the drugs because they CANT AFFORD THEM, and B) people with easily curable and treatable diseased WILL DIE.

So decide which is better, millions of human lives or China signing a treaty about something that may not even exist or be manageable by humans, and which China has historically never even contributed to, and statistically today is better than most other countries with regard to pollution, including the US.
Deleted User

Global warming

Post by Deleted User »

Cool pics Beerdude  8)
WorldTraveler wrote: I really hope you were posing this question as bait to see if this forum is full of morons and not asking a serious question...

China does not have to sign the Kyoto treaty because the economy is based largely on processes that are just now gaining momentum (meaning the last 20 years). Why should China all of a sudden grind their economy to a halt? The US never had to stop developing during it's industrial revolution. If Global Warming is caused by humans, then it was the US and other major industrial nations that did it. China was never involved because China never had pollution until very recently. Why does China have to pay for damage it did not do? TODAY China is the top producer of emissions. China also has over a billion people living in it. The ratio of pollution to people is actually better than most other countries in the world. Compared to the US China is actually helping the environment.

Not only that, but if China had to stop what it was doing for industrial realignment with Kyoto, millions and millions of people would be unemployed, homeless, or dead.
WHAT a CROCK of PILED HIGH steaming CRAP!

To exclude China's growing economy is giving them infinite leverage in the future.
Everyone knows that except for head-in-the-sand morons.
That's why the US will never sign on.

As far as millions unemployed, dead, homeless, etc. that could be said for our economy in 10 years.
Economic crashes are is possible anywhere in this volatile, dog-eat-dog world.
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Global warming

Post by schugg »

Beermo wrote: why, were you thinking about asking him out on a date?

funny thing is nobody has ever told me that my truck is a turnoff or bad for the earth or whatever and my truck has a much bigger engine than a hummer does, uses more gas and gets worse gas mileage.

i think we can chalk up your distaste to plain 'ol hummer envy.

what is funny about hummer envy is that people who bash others because of their choice of vehicles

1. usually have no clue about what's under the hood of one of them.

2. are lemmings.

3. don't know that hummers have one of the smallest engines in gm's v-8 lineup.

4. that they don't cost any more than the usual suv suspects and get good gas mileage for a v-8.

5. are usually miserable themselves and like to get into other folk's business so they'll feel better.

btw, who gives a rats ass what stretch drives. if you are really put off by what stretch drives maybe you should delve a little further into this and work to get the u.s. to sign off on the kyoto treaty. that would do more for the world than bashing people's choice of vehicles.
pry yourself out of stretches ass!
then why does he not drive a bigger truck like yours? at least he would have a bed to work with.  oh and by the way, In my opinion his sculptures suck.  IMO 
there is no envy, you best believe that. If you want I will send or post a pic of my car with me standing in front of it, then you will know I would have no envy and you could tell me weather or not he would let me fuck him. sorry I offended you. just my thought about a certain pretentious vehicle....that's all.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Global warming

Post by shinatoo »

WorldTraveler wrote: I really hope you were posing this question as bait to see if this forum is full of morons and not asking a serious question...

The concept is similar to prescription drugs. Why do the big pharm companies charge sometimes 1/20th the price for their drugs in other countries? Because they can either charge that price and make a sale, or A) no one will buy the drugs because they CANT AFFORD THEM, and B) people with easily curable and treatable diseased WILL DIE.

So decide which is better, millions of human lives or China signing a treaty about something that may not even exist or be manageable by humans, and which China has historically never even contributed to, and statistically today is better than most other countries with regard to pollution, including the US.
According to top NASA scientist if the US, China and India don't stop their production of carbon in the next 8-12 years the ozone depletion will be irreversible.

I rather see millions of Chinese unemployed than all of us dead.

Their is such a long list of alternate fuels that can employ thousands in there production they aren't worth mentioning.

Plus, getting china and India addicted to the automobile the same way that the US is almost seams immoral.
Long
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Global warming

Post by Long »

ok, so if China doesn't have to be responsible since they didn't cause the problem, I guess its ok for all the 16-year-olds that are just learning to drive to buy SUVs, since they didn't CAUSE the problem.

And I don't need to insulate the old house I just moved into to make it more energy-efficient.  The people that built the house and all the people that have lived there over the past 80 years were the ones that caused all the problems, so I'm off the hook.

It never ceases to amaze me that people somehow think that assigning blame is an adequate resolution to a problem.  Guess what?!?!  We figured out whose fault it is.  Damn, problem still exists.  Go figure.

Oh, and global warming "may not be" a real problem anyway, so I guess I'll feel ok about completely blowing it off.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: Global warming

Post by shinatoo »

Long wrote: ok, so if China doesn't have to be responsible since they didn't cause the problem, I guess its ok for all the 16-year-olds that are just learning to drive to buy SUVs, since they didn't CAUSE the problem.

And I don't need to insulate the old house I just moved into to make it more energy-efficient.  The people that built the house and all the people that have lived there over the past 80 years were the ones that caused all the problems, so I'm off the hook.

It never ceases to amaze me that people somehow think that assigning blame is an adequate resolution to a problem.  Guess what?!?!  We figured out whose fault it is.  Damn, problem still exists.  Go figure.

Oh, and global warming "may not be" a real problem anyway, so I guess I'll feel ok about completely blowing it off.

When using sarcasm, don't forget to use the "&".