Gladstone Plaza getting $20+ million redevelopment

Talk about the ever expanding north side of KC.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by trailerkid »

The developers of State Line Station and Chouteau Crossings will redevelop the 210,000 square foot Gladstone Plaza. It's located at North Oak and NE 64th St in Gladstone. A new 135,000 sq. foot big box store is planned. I'm not sure if the 216,000 square feet of new retail is in addition to the existing space or if it will replace it. If it is in addition, the center would max out at over 420,000 square feet of retail...pretty big.

[quote]
Proposals for N. Oak advance in Gladstone

By MIKE RICE The Kansas City Star

Gladstone officials on Monday took two steps toward bringing commercial revitalization to a section of North Oak Trafficway.

The council gave preliminary approval to a redevelopment plan for the Gladstone Plaza retail center at North Oak and Northeast 64th Street. The development team of JP Realty Inc. and Walton Construction submitted the plan.

The action authorizes City Manager Kirk Davis to negotiate a contract with the developer.

The council also approved construction of a Walgreen's drugstore at 6320 N. Oak Trafficway. It will be next to a thrift store, Smokehouse BBQ and Dominic's Pizza & Pasta.

A vacant part of the building that houses the thrift store will be razed to make way for the Walgreen's. The drugstore will be on the south side of Northeast 64th Street.

“This is something we have needed for the west side of Gladstone for quite some time,â€
KCN
Penntower
Penntower

Post by KCN »

I'm not one to celebrate big box developments but I like any kind of development along north oak south of Barry Rd. That area needs to be kept up before it turns into a trashy strip of half vacant strip malls and pawn shops (which I don't see happening any time soon).