I could get one of these:

or these:

[/img]
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KCPowercat
Ambassador

ONE of, I'm sure, MANY good reasons to move to Missouri:

Post by KCPowercat »

it makes me so mad...the Chiefs, Royals (& Rams) have the ability to release these as well but never have. I've contacted both and never got an answer why they haven't. Actually i think one did respond saying they needed 10k orders or something to start production....why question was how would people "order" without them being offered. Never heard a response.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

KC wrote:it makes me so mad...the Chiefs, Royals (& Rams) have the ability to release these as well but never have. I've contacted both and never got an answer why they haven't. Actually i think one did respond saying they needed 10k orders or something to start production....why question was how would people "order" without them being offered. Never heard a response.
if it makes you feel any better, i can get an MNU plate here in Kansas.... :wink:

they are ugly...but i can get one
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

KC wrote:it makes me so mad...the Chiefs, Royals (& Rams) have the ability to release these as well but never have. I've contacted both and never got an answer why they haven't. Actually i think one did respond saying they needed 10k orders or something to start production....why question was how would people "order" without them being offered. Never heard a response.
I checked into getting one once and I think it was the state Dept. of Revenue that wouldn't make the plates until it had a certain amount of requests. Kansas must have a lower minimum for their specialty plates.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by StL_Dan »

dangerboy wrote:
I checked into getting one once and I think it was the state Dept. of Revenue that wouldn't make the plates until it had a certain amount of requests. Kansas must have a lower minimum for their specialty plates.
MNU officials told me that they only needed 500 signatures indicating "interest" in purchasing the MNU plates....NOT 500 committments to buy plates.....before the state of KS would move them into production.

I remember reading something in the KU Star about 2 years ago that there is a similar system in place in MO....the minimum sigs being around 1000 or 1500....STL had no problems reaching that number, but few in KC expressed interest.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I've never heard how to express interest....sounds like you have to sign something....put it in front of me, I'll sign and I'm pretty sure 999 other people will as well. I mean we do have damn near 80k season ticket holders...something tells me 1% of them might be interested.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

I asked the Dept. of Revenue again and they said that you have to contact the team directly to be put on the list. So far the Royals have not yet received enough requests. Appareantly the Chiefs have not even submitted a logo or a request to have a plate designed.
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

dangerboy wrote:I asked the Dept. of Revenue again and they said that you have to contact the team directly to be put on the list. So far the Royals have not yet received enough requests. Appareantly the Chiefs have not even submitted a logo or a request to have a plate designed.

That's nuts. As football crazy as this town is, normal license plates would become the minority if the Chiefs issued plates.