Kauffman Stadium Plans Unveiled Today

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
DiggityDawg
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Re: Kauffman Stadium Plans Unveiled Today

Post by DiggityDawg »

I'm a "no" vote, but I'm a "no" vote with an open mind...& those renderings & plans did absolutely nothing for me.

And the idea of adding MORE seats is downright idiotic.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I think they're cool renderings and look, if it passes, I'm totally on board, the K will look so much better. The next step is transit to the ballpark. If we can't literally put the ballpark downtown, the next thing is to make ballpark accessible to downtown.

My major gripes (1) its not downtown, and (2) its too much taxpayer money. But I'm not going to nitpick on the renderings themselves because they do look pretty cool.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
shinatoo
Ambassador

Post by shinatoo »

Great, Spectacular, Beautiful, Top Notch.

Of course I said the same things about my neighbors addition to his house, and I wasn't willing to pay for any of that either.

Vote NO.
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

I wonder if they'll keep the spinning pickup truck?
Steve52
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Steve52 »

Mayor Kay and the Star has said that once we raise taxes for the Rolling Roof, that all of KC's problems will go away. According to Kay and the Star, we shouldn't use tax money for police, fixing roads and schools. Tax money is better used for subsidizing some of the richest men in the county, aka Lamar Hunt. They are rich, so they must know better!
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

Steve52 wrote: Mayor Kay and the Star has said that once we raise taxes for the Rolling Roof, that all of KC's problems will go away. According to Kay and the Star, we shouldn't use tax money for police, fixing roads and schools. Tax money is better used for subsidizing some of the richest men in the county, aka Lamar Hunt. They are rich, so they must know better!
This apparently worked for Detroit:  Report: Super Bowl Cures Social Ills
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

So yesterday in the Star, the news piece indicated that the development agreement required the teams to complete only certain renovations, including bathrooms, concession stands, etc.  It another orgasmic editorial today, the Star editorial board says

The teams cannot eliminate pieces of the projects just to save money, as some critics say could occur.

This does not seem to reconcile with the information in the story yesterday.  It appears to be another spin by the editorial board.  If anyone caught Ruckus last night, Yael (finally another color shirt) Abholakah was experiencing an on screen orgasm in expressing his support for the proposal.
lock+load
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by lock+load »

Also from the Star today, doesn't quite jive with what was in the editorial today.

As promised by county officials, the agreements spell out what specific projects the Royals and Chiefs would pay for, including reiterating that the teams will pay for all suite upgrades. They also put in writing the minimum projects that must be done, including:
■ Widening concourses at both stadiums.
■ Adding 100 concession stations, 230 toilets for women and 200 for men at Arrowhead.
■ Adding 100 concession stations and 120 toilets at Kauffman.