This is a true story...

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

This is a true story...

Post by trailerkid »

I was watching COPS the other night, and I won't go into offensive details, but there were a bunch of people who were about the most white trash I've ever seen (typical stars of COPS). There was a woman who had been beaten by her male cousin and had a bloody nose. As they went deeper into the story, it turned out that all the people in the house were somehow related and the beaten woman was shacking up with her first cousin who also beats her. As they took the cousin-beater away and slammed him into the paddy wagon, the decal on the back of the wagon said "KC/MO police."
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

This is a true story...

Post by bahua »

Yep. KC has poor people too.
Good2Great
New York Life
New York Life

This is a true story...

Post by Good2Great »

Was the location kept confidential or did they actually show these people being pulled from Council Chambers?
KCSKYSCRAPERS changed my life. I was on the edge until I visited this site. Now I find myself longing to dive off a 60 story building onto a frozen fountain paying tribute to the St. Louis Arch.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Location: Hangin' with the cons, crazies, and crackheads on 11th & Grand.

This is a true story...

Post by QueSi2Opie »

That's why I've always said that the people of metro KC remind me of the Springer Show. Maybe Jerry could relocate his show here?

I'm sure the COPS were somewhere in Eastern KCMO near Independence. It's awesome to have our citizens shown on national television. When askin' outsiders the first thing that comes to mind when you mention Kansas City, at least 1 out of 10 responses is "COPS". Maybe we can convince Fox Broadcasting Company to relocate their COPS reality series film studio in KC as well.
The Pendergast Poltergeist Project!

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

This is a true story...

Post by KCPowercat »

KC's hardly the #1 source of cops material....
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
scooterj
Ambassador

This is a true story...

Post by scooterj »

I "loved" the KC episode where the cops were called in to break up a domestic food fight in a house on Food Lane. :roll:

At least that episode also featured a cool police chase on I-70 with a car driving on rims at night.
TheDude
Strip mall
Strip mall

This is a true story...

Post by TheDude »

you guys obviously have not spent much time in olathe--they could do a whole season of springer out here. he could broadcast from the vacant christian book store on santa fe and ridgeview; all contestants would get a free coupon for pizza street and a 99 cent gift certificate to the dollar tree.
"ALWAYS be closing"
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

This is a true story...

Post by QueSi2Opie »

TheDude wrote:you guys obviously have not spent much time in olathe--they could do a whole season of springer out here. he could broadcast from the vacant christian book store on santa fe and ridgeview; all contestants would get a free coupon for pizza street and a 99 cent gift certificate to the dollar tree.
And that part of Olathe looks like an upscale Missouri suburb.

I finally divorced beer and proposed to whiskey, but I occassionally cheat with fine wine.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

This is a true story...

Post by GRID »

QueSi2Opie wrote: And that part of Olathe looks like an upscale Missouri suburb.
Think so huh?
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

This is a true story...

Post by QueSi2Opie »

GRID wrote:
QueSi2Opie wrote: And that part of Olathe looks like an upscale Missouri suburb.
Think so huh?
Sure I do. Looks like Zona Rosa will be quite comparable to the Old Highway 56 Shops in Olathe. C'mon GRID, you know I'm not serious. :lol: Jus' being a silly ass.

GRID
City Hall
City Hall

This is a true story...

Post by GRID »

QueSi2Opie wrote:
GRID wrote:
Think so huh?
Sure I do. Looks like Zona Rosa will be quite comparable to the Old Highway 56 Shops in Olathe. C'mon GRID, you know I'm not serious. :lol: Jus' being a silly ass.
I know ;)
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This is a true story...

Post by dangerboy »

QueSi2Opie wrote:
GRID wrote:
Think so huh?
Dude, a lot of the time your sacrasm is lost in cyberspace, especially when you bring on the big pimpin-style language.
QueSi2Opie
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

This is a true story...

Post by QueSi2Opie »

dangerboy wrote:Dude, a lot of the time your sacrasm is lost in cyberspace, especially when you bring on the big pimpin-style language.
Must get that $hit from my many years in Wyandotte County. I went from a lil' stupid street thug, fighting, gettin' drunk & high, and makin' D's and F's in middle/high school AND THEN transformed to a mature law-abiding college student makin' A's and B's in addition to working in law enforcement. Now I'm jus' a hot-headed alcoholic who's a wanna-be know-it-all asshole who is reasonable one second and ready to crack someone's cranium the next. Plus I started gettin' high again...damn. Seems like being a law-abiding citizen only payed off short-term, but the education will last me a lifetime. You can take this Irishman out of the ghetto, but you can never take the ghetto out of this Irishman.

However, this same Irishman only gets his ass off the computer on the weekends. My wife's about to kill me! Damn, it's midnight, late for work. Slainte!

StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

This is a true story...

Post by StL_Dan »

TheDude wrote:you guys obviously have not spent much time in olathe--they could do a whole season of springer out here. he could broadcast from the vacant christian book store on santa fe and ridgeview; all contestants would get a free coupon for pizza street and a 99 cent gift certificate to the dollar tree.
That implies that Christian Book and Gift no longer exists. In fact, it DOES exist. It simply moved a couple doors down in the same strip mall. You just can't see it as easily from the east because of the bank that sits in front of it on the corner of Ridgeview and Santa Fe.

All Pizza Streets and CeCe's should be imploded.

Dollar Trees rule. Also, check out our Big Lots. VERY cool.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

This is a true story...

Post by chrizow »

i always loved the KC episodes of COPS. a lot of them were pretty hardcore (carjackings, shootings, etc.). i also remember a Jackson County Sheriff arresting a naked man somewhere (it appeared) out by Longview Lake. i also enjoyed one episode that took place in Gregory Heights (Raytown) where this really awesome 1989 style mullet man kept repeating "i walked out onto the porch and i was STRUCK! i was STRUCK! i just walked out onto the porch and i was STRUCK!" a l'il raytowna beach pride there....

COPS is reality TV at its best. ;)
TheDude
Strip mall
Strip mall

This is a true story...

Post by TheDude »

if i am not mistaken, i think the naked guy at the Lake was G2G.
"ALWAYS be closing"