NYC-KC connection

macnw
Colonnade
Colonnade

NYC-KC connection

Post by macnw »

The Star has a great article on potential investments by a New York real estate company. This is the same company that has plans for the northeast section of the CBD. I say give these guys a chance! We need more out of town investors.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

NYC-KC connection

Post by GRID »

I agree, I wish they had more info on what they planned to do with the Jones store block. I think they would build be a much more intense urban development than what Bridges is planning. But I am amzed how the area around the "View" is becoming a condo district so fast. Just amazed.
tat2kc
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

NYC-KC connection

Post by tat2kc »

I really hope they can pull this off. The Bridges proposal seems to be tied to bringing Waddell and Reed downtown. If they choose to go somewhere else, then nothing will happen to the Jones store for a while. The NYC plans are not dependent on what someone else may or may not do.

I really like the condo plans also. The planned prices are much more in keeping with a first home buyer, and will definately sell quickly!
Are you sure we're talking about the same God here, because yours sounds kind of like a dick.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

NYC-KC connection

Post by trailerkid »

[quote]Phillip A. Gesue, Time Equities director of acquisitions, said his company, which currently has an 11 million-square-foot real estate portfolio in the U.S. and Canada, is bullish on Kansas City and its downtown.

“I'm really impressed with Kansas City,â€
Electric_Cactus
Pad site
Pad site

NYC-KC connection

Post by Electric_Cactus »

Exciting! Very exciting!
"Quiet people aren't the only ones who don't say much."
KCPowercat
Ambassador

NYC-KC connection

Post by KCPowercat »

the biz journal article about this says this group are ones that love to field many offers and set on them....never acting...just what we need.
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

NYC-KC connection

Post by trailerkid »

Yeah...but remember if the NYC plan fails, Larry Bridges originally had plans for the Jones site that were similar. I think his Bridges is in competition for the site with them.

The NYC group sounded serious about branching out to the other cities and seemed impressed. Just remember, they're here to make money...they see downtown KC as a money-making opportunity.
Czar
New York Life
New York Life

these guys are for real

Post by Czar »

Phillip has already moved to KC and they already have closed on the Pinnacle Apts. we need new money in this town to shake things up.