Big Screen

Discussion about new sports facilities in Kansas City
Jbjcastle
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Big Screen

Post by Jbjcastle »

The huge screen at Kauffman is 27' and the new Omaha Royal screen is going to be 57'. I live in Omaha and I think it is pothetic that we are getting a bigger screen then KC and the O Royals are even thinking about moving to a smaller complex so then Rosenblatt will only be used for CWS and its just so stuipid.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Re: Big Screen

Post by GRID »

just shows we need a stadium upgrade, that's all.
Jbjcastle
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Jbjcastle »

I think Kauffman is awesome. I have a problem with Rosenblatt and their new Big Screen.
GRID
City Hall
City Hall

Post by GRID »

Have any renderings?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

KSU is getting a 61' scoreboard...that's why I hate the royals.  :roll:

http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
eomaha.com
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by eomaha.com »

Rosenblatt video screen...
Rosenblatt will only be used for CWS and its just so stuipid
Not stupid at all... Omaha more than pays for these stadium improvements with all the revenue it brings into the city from the CWS.  Consider all the free publicity as well.  Heck... just look at EA Sports' new NCAA baseball game! (see below... they even included the zoo desert dome!)   As for the ORoyals moving to a more cozy stadium downtown, it is a great idea.  The cavernous Rosenblatt totally kills the atmosphere for minor league baseball.  A new stadium in north downtown will be within walking distance of clubs/restaurants which will just feed (so to speak) the game attendance that much more.  I don't have to convince most of the people here of the virtues of a downtown ball park.  Don't worry about Rosenblatt, as I said, the CWS (and a few marquee games, like the Royals 'fireworks' game, the Nebraska-Creighton series, etc) will more than pay for it.

KSU is getting a 61' scoreboard...that's why I hate the royals
I guess that why it's time for Nebraska to put in a 117' jumbotron! :)
WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

Royals definitely need a new Jumbotron, but I don't think the fact that KSU or Omaha is getting a bigger one is an indictment on the Royals or KC. Our Jumbotron was one of the first of its quality and it was cutting edge at the time - just needs an update, that's all. Our whole damn scoreboard needs updating. The lack of useful stats bothers me more than the quality of the TV there.

Plus, we never show controversial replays, so who cares? Are you worried you won't be able to see if Relish edges out Mustard?

I think you can see ours easily and with clarity from every seat in the stadium (with the exception of right field).

I remember hearing or reading somewhere that we can't even get replacement parts for ours because it's so old.
If it doesn't have street-level retail, it's an abortion.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

I think the K could use a slightly larger screen, but I appreciate that it currently doesn't take over the outfield.  The last thing we need is some huge flashing wall the size of a house out there.

We could loose the spinning Dodge truck, though.

Anyone know if there are plans to ditch the huge Royals crown scoreboard?  I honestly think I'd miss that ugly thing.  I'm kinda fond of the silly graphics they show on it, like the stolen base one.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
49r
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by 49r »

Having a nice big widescreen out there might help block the views of trucks rollin by on I-70.
kard
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by kard »

49r wrote: Having a nice big widescreen out there might help block the views of trucks rollin by on I-70.
Well, yeah.

And bullets.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I agree with kard, the screen at Kauffman is next to worthless because MLB umps are so afraid of being shown up.  It's only used for commercials. 
http://downtownkcmo.blogspot.com

Tweeting live from Big 12 tournament @downtownkc
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

I remember hearing or reading somewhere that we can't even get replacement parts for ours because it's so old.

That's the Royals scoreboard, not the Jumbotron.

And I agree that having a larger jumobtron is worthless at Kauffman. There aren't nearly enough highlights for the home team to justify it.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
AF
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by AF »

I am also curious if they plan to repace the scoreboard at the K if these renovations go through. If we are going to stay at the K and not go downtown than we should keep all the things that make the K great--and that includes the scoreboard. I am good if they want to replace all the electronics in the scoreboard but i would hate to see the whole thing go. Ive already emailed dan glass to voice my opinion.

dan.glass@kcroyals.com
SouthKC1985
Pad site
Pad site

Post by SouthKC1985 »

I wonder if they could somehow implement a big screen/scoreboard sort of like this in that huge crown scoreboard (with half of its lights missing) if the upgrades pass

Jbjcastle
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Jbjcastle »

eomaha.com wrote:

Not stupid at all... Omaha more than pays for these stadium improvements with all the revenue it brings into the city from the CWS.  Consider all the free publicity as well.  Heck... just look at EA Sports' new NCAA baseball game! (see below... they even included the zoo desert dome!)  As for the ORoyals moving to a more cozy stadium downtown, it is a great idea.  The cavernous Rosenblatt totally kills the atmosphere for minor league baseball.  A new stadium in north downtown will be within walking distance of clubs/restaurants which will just feed (so to speak) the game attendance that much more.  I don't have to convince most of the people here of the virtues of a downtown ball park.  Don't worry about Rosenblatt, as I said, the CWS (and a few marquee games, like the Royals 'fireworks' game, the Nebraska-Creighton series, etc) will more than pay for it.

Well the ORoyals is such a pore franchise that I think it is silly to move to a different complex.  Then they will lose even more because then they will not be able to afford any good players.