Best bank in KC?

KC topics that don't fit anywhere else.
trailerkid
City Center Square
City Center Square

Best bank in KC?

Post by trailerkid »

It was mentioned before that some banks are better than others when it comes to loaning money for projects that help the community. Hillcrest Bank was mentioned for its activities. What other banks should people use to show support for projects that invest in the urban core?
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Best bank in KC?

Post by bahua »

It should also be noted that there is tax money for people who want to start a business in the urban core, particularly along main street, so with that in mind, along with decent credit and a good idea, any bank would probably be happy to help you out.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Best bank in KC?

Post by dangerboy »

Missouri State Bank and Trust has been credited with doing a lot of business in the urban core. I think they have won some small business of the year awards and similar things.

Central Bank (HQ in the Old Northeast) and Brotherhood Bank (KCK) also seem to be very community-minded.

While not in the urban core, I see a lot of construction projects with "financing by Gold Bank" signs. It's good to see a Joco bank lending money to local projects in other parts of the metro area.
StL_Dan
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Best bank in KC?

Post by StL_Dan »

dangerboy wrote:While not in the urban core, I see a lot of construction projects with "financing by Gold Bank" signs. It's good to see a Joco bank lending money to local projects in other parts of the metro area.
You MUST be hallucinating, danger.
One State. One Spirit. One Mizzou. 05.22.2011  RIP Rusty, Harli and Hayze
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Best bank in KC?

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

Although not a local bank, I see Bank of America financing a lot of urban renewal initiatives not just in KC but other major cities they have a large presence in. I think they should change the name of 1KC Place to Bank of America tower IMO. 1KC is a remnant from the Morgan building empire that never happened. :cry:
THE KID KEPT ONLY TWO COLORS IN HIS CRAYON BOX.....ONE RED……THE OTHER BLUE!
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Best bank in KC?

Post by dangerboy »

StL_Dan wrote:
dangerboy wrote:While not in the urban core, I see a lot of construction projects with "financing by Gold Bank" signs. It's good to see a Joco bank lending money to local projects in other parts of the metro area.
You MUST be hallucinating, danger.
How so? Was that sarcasm or an un-supported argument?
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Best bank in KC?

Post by dangerboy »

KC_JAYHAWK wrote:Although not a local bank, I see Bank of America financing a lot of urban renewal initiatives not just in KC but other major cities they have a large presence in. I think they should change the name of 1KC Place to Bank of America tower IMO. 1KC is a remnant from the Morgan building empire that never happened. :cry:
When BofA moved their local HQ to 1KC they were supposed to rename it to Bank of America Building and add some signage, but I guess that never actually happened. I don't know his name, but one of their big local execs was also a very big champion of the downtown arena idea for a long time.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Best bank in KC?

Post by bahua »

This country needs another Bank of America Building like it needs another Verizon Wireless theatre/stadium/concert center.