KCPowercat
Ambassador

Re: KCMO Downtown Streetcar

Post by KCPowercat »

smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

Oh, my bad. I thought you were referring to last week's incident. That video of that kid is great though. It's like, man, we have the video.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

It takes like 15 seconds to FOIA it. I'll do it if no one has. but I assume someone at the star has.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Curious whether it is inconclusive if the camera is front facing but the damage was at the side. Sure it will all come out, normal life in a big city.
longviewmo
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by longviewmo »

WoodDraw wrote:It takes like 15 seconds to FOIA it. I'll do it if no one has. but I assume someone at the star has.
I'm only half-joking, but I don't know if they have enough staff left for that.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

My point is if it was clear, streetcar would have rushed out the proof like they did before. Their silence indicates to me blame is debatable (probably by the insurance honks)
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

KCPowercat wrote:My point is if it was clear, streetcar would have rushed out the proof like they did before. Their silence indicates to me blame is debatable (probably by the insurance honks)
You’re probably right that it isn’t clear enough to make a claim. Clearly it’s better to move on, fix the train and be done with it publicly.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

What was the date and approximate time again? I'll FOIA it. They're not always quick though
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I mean it seems clear to me....

I don't really care about releasing the video, just observing the difference in the two crashes.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

pash wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:My point is if it was clear, streetcar would have rushed out the proof like they did before. Their silence indicates to me blame is debatable (probably by the insurance honks)
What's unclear here? A piece of construction equipment on the sidewalk was jutting out into the street, and the streetcar hit it.
If the equipment was sitting over the track then it's possible the streetcar operator could have seen it and stopped the vehicle before impact. It is possible, therefore, that the streetcar operator bears some fault and any recovery must be reduced in proportion therewith.

/lawyering
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

Was the construction equipment being maneuvered by Sherry DeJanes?
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

KCPowercat wrote:I mean it seems clear to me....

I don't really care about releasing the video, just observing the difference in the two crashes.
I think the big difference is one was the first incident. The other one was not, so, no one cares.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

smh wrote:
pash wrote:
What's unclear here? A piece of construction equipment on the sidewalk was jutting out into the street, and the streetcar hit it.
If the equipment was sitting over the track then it's possible the streetcar operator could have seen it and stopped the vehicle before impact. It is possible, therefore, that the streetcar operator bears some fault and any recovery must be reduced in proportion therewith.

/lawyering
yeah kind of what I was thinking. If that crane was just hanging there the streetcar driver could have been more of a defensive driver. Fault is probably still totally with crane operator as they didn't have the requirements needed to be operating where the streetcar was....all complete guesses though.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

There is an item call "contributory negligence". I am stopped at an intersection by a red light. The light turns green and I proceed to enter the intersection. Of course I don't look both ways because I now have the green light. I fail to notice a car speeding and it immediately hits me as I enter the intersection. If I would have looked before starting to enter the intersection I would have known the second car was not able to stop. I could have avoided the accident if I didn't enter the intersection even though I had the right-of-way.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

22-23 months remaining until new streetcar delivery

https://twitter.com/TomGerend/status/912691813827465217
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Still no word on 801 damage. When will ratepayers be told who paid for damage?
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Port KC Considers Extending Streetcar to Riverfront ‘High Priority,’ Backs Words with Funding, ‘With or Without’ Fed

https://cityscenekc.com/port-kc-conside ... l-backing/
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCATA employees on the streetcar today doing a poll. They were asking questions about why we used the streetcar, how much we would pay for a ride, and if we would ride if you had to pay. They also said no one is using the mobile app. Then asked if we would use the mobile app of streetcar tickets were on it.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

The biggest response that I hear from my suburbanite friends when I talk about how popular the streetcar is, is “Just wait til they start charging for it! No one will ride!”. Please don’t make us urban supporters look stupid by charging. Just don’t even research it.