KCMO Downtown Streetcar

Transportation topics in KC
chingon
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: KCMO Downtown Streetcar

Postby chingon » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:59 pm

DaveKCMO wrote:
ldai_phs wrote:Unpopular Opinion: the grey streetcars are ugly.

I really enjoy the lovely colors that the party car has been “painted” with. I wish we would have picked a livelier paibt schene fir our cars

I wanted red, but was convinced to support the "timeless" scheme we have now.

Put my firmly in the don’t care column, as long as they don’t get twee bullshit “branding” like “the Wave” or “the Emerald Express” or “the MAX”, I’m pretty happy.

TheLastGentleman
New York Life
New York Life

Postby TheLastGentleman » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:06 pm

The white was a good choice. I'm typically an advocate of color, but in this situation I think white looks more sophisticated and contrasts with buildings and the pavement well. Makes it look a bit like a spaceship or something. It's a good vehicle color. My only complaint is the grey trim. It really takes away from the purity of the white. I'll never understand why grey became such a ubiquitous color smh

Regardless, it doesn't matter at all in the end, and this is coming from the same person who helped drive strangerthings to the edge of insanity complaining about glass color

normalthings
Colonnade
Colonnade

Postby normalthings » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:50 pm

TheLastGentleman wrote:The white was a good choice. I'm typically an advocate of color, but in this situation I think white looks more sophisticated and contrasts with buildings and the pavement well. Makes it look a bit like a spaceship or something. It's a good vehicle color. My only complaint is the grey trim. It really takes away from the purity of the white. I'll never understand why grey became such a ubiquitous color smh

Regardless, it doesn't matter at all in the end, and this is coming from the same person who helped drive strangerthings to the edge of insanity complaining about glass color

Consider yourself uninvited on Tuesday......

Just kidding of course.

TheLastGentleman
New York Life
New York Life

Postby TheLastGentleman » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:38 pm

The modern streetcars are endangering the historic character of downtown. I demand they be altered to resemble this.

normalthings
Colonnade
Colonnade

Postby normalthings » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:43 pm

TheLastGentleman wrote:The modern streetcars are endangering the historic character of downtown. I demand they be altered to resemble this.

No. Even that is unhistoric in comparison to our historical surface parking lots

DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DaveKCMO » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:36 pm

A software update has boosted the A/C in the current fleet. Noticed a big difference on Saturday afternoon.

KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light

Postby KCPowercat » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:38 pm

This is such a small gripe but I really don't like the door buttons. Much prefer the flat ones that are more of a skin feel I've seen on other systems

flyingember
One Park Place
One Park Place

Postby flyingember » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:58 pm

KCPowercat wrote:This is such a small grioe but I really don't like the door buttons. Much prefer the flat ones that are more of a skin feel I've seen on other systems

I don't like them because the lighting that tells you it's ready is so subtle. I get how it works and more than once exterior glare on the button has tricked me because it's down near my waist. A way simpler difference of off vs on would be nice where dark = no.

earthling
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Postby earthling » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:27 pm

The streetcar had a problem again this morning announcing the next stop before pulling into the upcoming one, confusing everyone. This seems to happen a bit too often. Do drivers have control to sync it up?

Return to “Kansas City Transportation”