Bicycle and Pedestrian Commuter Challenge--Register today!

Transportation topics in KC
carfreekc
New York Life
New York Life

Post by carfreekc »

Want to send a message that Kansas Citians want transportation choices? Want to prove the naysayers ("Kansas Citians won't get out of their cars") wrong?

Register today for the Bicycle and Pedestrian Commuter Challenge!

Next week (19-23), bike, walk, and/or take transit to work. Your miles on the bus also count in conjunction with your walking or biking.

The deadline to register is today: http://www.marc.org/bpcc/

And of course, there will be prizes in addition to the satisfaction of showing that Kansas Citians do indeed ride the bus, walk, and bike.
KCgridlock

Post by KCgridlock »

I signed up, just wish they would get bike racks on all the buses.
carfreekc
New York Life
New York Life

Post by carfreekc »

I do too. I need them reliably on the 56 and 25. All the new buses are supposed to come with them; I don't know how long for getting all the rest of the buses equipped.
MidtownGrrl
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by MidtownGrrl »

The ATA will add at least one other route this summer, possibly more. If you haven't weighed in with your preferred routes, there is a mail-in form here:
http://www.kcata.org/bikesurvey.html

Or, you can mail the same info to metro@kcata.org.
Please do include your name though. In the event that someone made a request in the last year, the 'vote' is still on file and still being considered.

I believe it will be some time in 2004 before all large and small buses will have bike racks. The minibuses, which carry 12 passengers will not have racks. Most of these are used in the "MetroFlex" service, although some are on fixed routes and in the urban area. (#235 - 35th street is the one that comes to mind.)