KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by hartliss »

Alaska Airlines announced new N/S service between MCI-SFO beginning in September

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2017-03- ... e-Bay-Area
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

hartliss wrote:Alaska Airlines announced new N/S service between MCI-SFO beginning in September

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2017-03- ... e-Bay-Area
Very Nice, I love Alaska, they are my favorite Airline. I kind of wish they would set up a mini-hub in the Midwest.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

Twitter feed for the Air Service Director at MCI hints at another air service announcement this week. Stay tuned!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

I have no idea if this would be possible but Alaska announcing a huge expansion (aka mini hub) for kci if we got a new terminal would sway a lot of people to yes.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

KCPowercat wrote:I have no idea if this would be possible but Alaska announcing a huge expansion (aka mini hub) for kci if we got a new terminal would sway a lot of people to yes.
Allegiant could do the same

With allegiant a lot of nearby destinations means connecting in Las Vegas or Florida
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

While it's pretty low on the "what KCI will actually announce this week" list, if the news was for a direct flight to anywhere in Europe, that'd be...pretty fantastic.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

KCPowercat wrote:I have no idea if this would be possible but Alaska announcing a huge expansion (aka mini hub) for kci if we got a new terminal would sway a lot of people to yes.
Yea, that would be pretty awesome....but highly unlikely.
TheBigChuckbowski
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by TheBigChuckbowski »

I've seen a few London mentions in some random articles the last couple weeks.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

It is now official, Alaska Airlines is adding a non-stop flight between KC and San Diego beginning on 12/15.

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2017-03- ... -San-Diego
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

The flight additions notwithstanding, I wonder if Alaska will move over to Terminal C at some point, as Alaska's codeshare and frequent-flyer agreements with Delta go away at the end of April.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

swid wrote:The flight additions notwithstanding, I wonder if Alaska will move over to Terminal C at some point, as Alaska's codeshare and frequent-flyer agreements with Delta go away at the end of April.
Good point.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

The proposed budget has changes in airline funding. They want to drop the EAS program.

https://twitter.com/yfreemark/status/842235487863599109

KCI isn't EAS funded but a lot of regional airports are. I see nine between KS and MO This could drive more people to use less airports, increasing passenger congestion at check-in and security. Some percentage of these individuals will switch to using KCI.

https://www.transportation.gov/policy/a ... ommunities
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

hartliss wrote:It is now official, Alaska Airlines is adding a non-stop flight between KC and San Diego beginning on 12/15.

https://newsroom.alaskaair.com/2017-03- ... -San-Diego
Very nice, San Diego kind of has a mini hub in San Diego so connections to Hawaii will be pretty easy from SAN and the flight leaves MCI at 6am so hawaii connections will be a breeze since Alaska is like never late.
Last edited by brewcrew1000 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Another nice thing about Alaska is with there program they are doing the mile redemptions more distance based, so a flight from San Diego to KC is only 15,000 miles round trip for a free flight at the lowest level redemption rather than 25,000 on most of the legacy carriers.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Another nice thing about Alaska is with there program they are doing the mile redemptions more distance based, so a flight from San Diego to KC is only 15,000 miles round trip for a free flight at the lowest level redemption rather than 25,000 on most of the legacy carriers.
Have you flown them often? I need to book a flight as I have yet to try them!
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

I don't fly Alaska frequently enough to have any status with them, but as I go to (ahem) Alaska for work a couple times each year, breaking up the flight to Anchorage halfway in Seattle is nice.

In my experience, their flights are pretty reliable, the service is a bit nicer than on any of the Big 3 legacy carriers, and they frequently have good (off-season) fares from KC to Seattle and Portland.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

hartliss wrote:
brewcrew1000 wrote:Another nice thing about Alaska is with there program they are doing the mile redemptions more distance based, so a flight from San Diego to KC is only 15,000 miles round trip for a free flight at the lowest level redemption rather than 25,000 on most of the legacy carriers.
Have you flown them often? I need to book a flight as I have yet to try them!
We fly them quite often, we have flown them to hawaii twice and to Portland and Seattle a bunch of times. They are really great with Families. I have built a nice pile of Alaska Miles due to the Credit Card, you can keep getting the card and the bonus every couple years. Its basically a free 30,000 miles for 75 bucks
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

Delta begins new nonstop service between MCI and Boston in October. One flight per day.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

United will increase to 3X per day between KC and San Francisco starting in August.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

hartliss wrote:It has been a few years since this thread has been touched, I thought I would give some recent highlights.

American - 2 flights to LAX, 2 flights to New York started earlier this year
Delta - Saturday only service to Cancun, starting in December
Southwest - San Antonio starting in November
Spirit - Orlando starting in November
Allegiant - Las Vegas starting in October
OneJet - Louisville starting in October
Alaska - Portland added earlier this year
Air Canada - Added a second flight to Toronto

The airport has been on a great ride in terms of traffic, numbers have been up for over 12 months.
Quick update, American has reduced MCI-LAX to 1/day and later this year will be discontinuing New York all together.