KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Southwest just announced some new routes out of St Louis - Kind of suprised we didn't get any of these routes
St. Louis and Montego Bay, Jamaica
St. Louis and Punta Cana
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

No surprise at all. Our current terminals suck too much to have pax connect here on their way to Jamaica or the Dominican Republic.

PS. We already have a flight to Punta Cana on Vacation Express.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Via Justin Meyer on twitter.

My schedule data tool has been updated to include the Southwest changes.
75 weekday departures in MAR19, down from 76 in MAR18.

YOY from MAR18
LGA +1 to 2/day
RDU +1 to 1/day
SEA -1 to 0/day
DAL -1 to 6/day
MDW -1 to 7/day
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Icelandair has had an average 82% load from KC. IIRC, that is above their system average load. Per JM, they are considering an expanded schedule next year.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

normalthings wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:09 am Icelandair has had an average 82% load from KC. IIRC, that is above their system average load. Per JM, they are considering an expanded schedule next year.
If you look at their website, it appears you can book daily flights to Iceland. Has that always been the case, or a recent change?
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

beautyfromashes wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:12 am
normalthings wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:09 am Icelandair has had an average 82% load from KC. IIRC, that is above their system average load. Per JM, they are considering an expanded schedule next year.
If you look at their website, it appears you can book daily flights to Iceland. Has that always been the case, or a recent change?
Are they nonstop? You can probably book daily flights but they will probably connect you onto a city like Seattle or something (An Alaska Partner)
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

dev49 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:50 am Via Justin Meyer on twitter.

My schedule data tool has been updated to include the Southwest changes.
75 weekday departures in MAR19, down from 76 in MAR18.

YOY from MAR18
LGA +1 to 2/day
RDU +1 to 1/day
SEA -1 to 0/day
DAL -1 to 6/day
MDW -1 to 7/day
Is SEA going away forever? i thought that was just a seasonal flight
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Article with quote

Justin Meyer, deputy director of marketing and air service for the Kansas City Aviation Department, said he is scheduled to meet with executives from Icelandair this month to confirm the airline's schedule in 2019. Currently, the airlines is selling flights from Kansas City for 2019 with an identical service pattern to this year. However, Meyer said it's possible that the airline will increase its flight frequency or that the season will be expanded beyond its current run of late May to the end of September.

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/ ... stats.html
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:27 am Is SEA going away forever? i thought that was just a seasonal flight
I had flown Southwest to Seattle in late February 2017, so I think it had been year-round for at least the past couple years.

Given that Alaska always had and Delta began directs on that route this year, Southwest reducing and/or dropping this route entirely doesn't surprise me.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

swid wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:41 am
brewcrew1000 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:27 am Is SEA going away forever? i thought that was just a seasonal flight
I had flown Southwest to Seattle in late February 2017, so I think it had been year-round for at least the past couple years.

Given that Alaska always had and Delta began directs on that route this year, Southwest reducing and/or dropping this route entirely doesn't surprise me.
Seasonal discontinuation: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t ... ba-p/76079
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Icelandair is going 4 times weekly with a Max 8. Will be nice to have a brand new aircraft.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

So, how does that compare to the first season? (I realize that I could probably look back and find this out for myself, but I'm old and have been drinking. Please humor me.)
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

It was 3x/week this season. I just checked Icelandair’s Web site; their summer 2019 flight schedule still shows as 3x/week there.

Source for the updated schedule?
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Thanks, swid.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Routesonline just published a list of Icelandair filed schedule changes. WOW and Icelandair both announced a laundry list of changes to 2019 schedules. https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-06sep18/

Compared to the first season: 1 additional weekly departure, 100 additional weekly seats, and no more RONs
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

Thank you sir; looks like we’ll see flights in/out on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays next summer.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

"RONs"?
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

grovester wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:57 am "RONs"?
remain overnight. As in the plane won't be staying on the ground overnight anymore. Which is smart because having it sit here for 20 hours or whatever it is now isn't very efficient.

A little disappointed it is switching to a 737, just because we don't see many 757s anymore and we get a bunch of 737s. But that is more for my viewing pleasure than anything, although I think the seats are somewhat tighter in a MAX than 757. More frequency is better though.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

The 757s are over 25 years owned and fully owned. Just like UPS and Fedex, Icelandair could afford to RON them because.

Since the Max8s are brand new and thus are not paid off the airline is going to have to keep their utilization rates up(and thus not RON them).
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

normalthings wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:32 pm Icelandair is going 4 times weekly with a Max 8. Will be nice to have a brand new aircraft.
The other nice thing is the departure out of MCI will leave at 9PM vs. 5PM. This will allow arriving passengers into KEF to get there at a decent hour in the morning vs 430AM like they do today.