KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by hartliss »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Frontier added a bunch of new routes today but it doesn't look like any were added to KC. I thought this poster was funny, if you look at one of the new route announcements they show non stop service from Austin to Omaha but the Omaha spot looks like where KCI should be

Yea I saw that too, ouch! F9 is interesting to me, they throw a whole lot of capacity up, run it on certain days of the week and then see what sticks. Would be frustrating as a traveler to never know if your flight is going to get shifted around/cancelled if you book it far in advance.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Flew frontier to Cancun direct recently. Not bad but not a fan of these low budget airlines
mRoyal
Pad site
Pad site

Post by mRoyal »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Frontier added a bunch of new routes today but it doesn't look like any were added to KC. I thought this poster was funny, if you look at one of the new route announcements they show non stop service from Austin to Omaha but the Omaha spot looks like where KCI should be

It's disturbing to me that they can't get the geography right even though their sole business purpose is to get people from one location to another.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

Southwest begins non-stop flights between MCI and Raleigh-durham on 4/8/18.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Allegiant will be flying non stop to Myrtle Beach starting June 8th
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Frontier starting a new route from KCI - Non stop service to Jacksonville Fl, looks like its seasonal twice a week. I think this is the first time KC will see non stop service to Jacksonville.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Would like to hear updates from Iceland Air on KC performance.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

No idea how well the new routes are performing, but I could get to London for barely more than I spent to get to San Antonio earlier this year. Granted it was on super short notice and somewhat more expensive than normal, but still. Pretty cool imo.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

mean wrote:No idea how well the new routes are performing, but I could get to London for barely more than I spent to get to San Antonio earlier this year. Granted it was on super short notice and somewhat more expensive than normal, but still. Pretty cool imo.
Very. Hoping they bump KC up to year round soon.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Even if Icelandair bails after subsides are done I could easily see WoW or Norweigen coming
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

For anyone interested, here is an open-jaw flight I've been tracking on Google Flights:
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Even if Icelandair bails after subsides are done I could easily see WoW or Norweigen coming
The Iceland Air subsidies were pretty minimal(just marketing on the KCAD side iirc). Overall, the subsidy package to Iceland Air is small compared to the ones in other cities. This makes me more confident that we can get full season flights and or more operators.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

The non-stops to Iceland are actually really cheap for overseas flights. Pretty much any available dates for $880 round trip.

https://goo.gl/flights/BvWuj
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Does Iceland air still do the free connecting on to europe thing?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

WoodDraw wrote:Does Iceland air still do the free connecting on to europe thing?
Up to 7 days stopover in Iceland is still free.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Iceland flights take off tomorrow. The first flight there looks really full when I did a dummy booking. The return flight in the middle of the week looked bad. Only looked like there were 10 seats sold. It could be more or less since seat maps are not always accurate
kcjak
Penntower
Penntower

Post by kcjak »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Iceland flights take off tomorrow. The first flight there looks really full when I did a dummy booking. The return flight in the middle of the week looked bad. Only looked like there were 10 seats sold. It could be more or less since seat maps are not always accurate
Doesn't the lowest price for this carrier mean you don't get a seat assignment? I would think that would mean you're only seeing the seats that no one paid to select, but maybe I'm wrong.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

brewcrew1000 wrote:Iceland flights take off tomorrow. The first flight there looks really full when I did a dummy booking. The return flight in the middle of the week looked bad. Only looked like there were 10 seats sold. It could be more or less since seat maps are not always accurate
Seats only show up full when they have been pre selected. Seat selection is free, but most people don't realize that and do not select their seats. I know most of people who booked on the first flight where told about this and so they actually picked it their seats ahead of time.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by bobbyhawks »

Not that it isn't still the case, but I'd imagine most folks flying the return will be gone longer than just a few days. Would expect the return to have fewer sold seats in the early goings anyhow.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

First flight from KC leaves tonight