KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by dev49 »

KCPowercat wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:28 pm is it possible to hook us up with some links or something behind posts like "safe to say that BA wont' be coming to STL next year"?

not that i really care about STL flight patterns specifically but a lot of posts in this thread with innuendo that are hard to figure out if they are fact or speculation.
Just take 99.99999% of anything said on a message board as speculation. Lots of people claim to know things/or someone else that knows things that really don't. Or the person they think is feeding them info really doesn't know anything themselves. It seems to me like most of the people who have an "in" and claim to know something, are usually wrong more often than not.
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

Southwest extended their schedule today for April/May

Pensacola is back Saturday only
Portland is cut (says seasonal)
I agree - hearsay crap or "sources" if not documented are just that.. crap. I could say that we are getting Global Airline 123 to Tim Buck Two - but it doesn't matter unless there is a source I can back up the information with (like from an airport official or news agency).

I wouldn't be surprised if STL lands another or more carriers to across the pond by next year. BA is getting additional new planes and it could be them.

This article is from today and mentions STL - because TATL service has now dethroned them as EU largest airline and to the states.
https://www.travelagentcentral.com/tran ... e-new-york

In 2017 these airports have the largest indirect passenger numbers to EU (meaning connecting through another airport - this is prior to Iceland nonstop service from KC, CLE, and STL). St. Louis 158,300, Cleveland 156,700, Nashville 152,500 and Indianapolis 145,900.
The last two receiving nonstops on BA to London and are the lowest - however paid royalty to the airline as an incentive to get service for a year or two). We have about 116,000 indirect passengers.

It all depends on incentives $$$ and connectivity. STL has a lot of connectivity - more than any of the other airports above. They also still have more American flights (11 non stop cities on AA to all AA hubs) and has around 1.25 million passengers flying on AA [We have around 825,000 passengers flying on AA]. I point out the connectivity on AA in particular because that is BA's code share airline.

by dev49 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Not too happy about PDX going only seasonal. Booking now I have to connect through STL or DEN usually. ERGH
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

STLguy1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:32 pm

I agree - hearsay crap or "sources" if not documented are just that.. crap. I could say that we are getting Global Airline 123 to Tim Buck Two - but it doesn't matter unless there is a source I can back up the information with (like from an airport official or news agency).

I wouldn't be surprised if STL lands another or more carriers to across the pond by next year. BA is getting additional new planes and it could be them.

This article is from today and mentions STL - because TATL service has now dethroned them as EU largest airline and to the states.
https://www.travelagentcentral.com/tran ... e-new-york

In 2017 these airports have the largest indirect passenger numbers to EU (meaning connecting through another airport - this is prior to Iceland nonstop service from KC, CLE, and STL). St. Louis 158,300, Cleveland 156,700, Nashville 152,500 and Indianapolis 145,900.
The last two receiving nonstops on BA to London and are the lowest - however paid royalty to the airline as an incentive to get service for a year or two). We have about 116,000 indirect passengers.

It all depends on incentives $$$ and connectivity. STL has a lot of connectivity - more than any of the other airports above. They also still have more American flights (11 non stop cities on AA to all AA hubs) and has around 1.25 million passengers flying on AA [We have around 825,000 passengers flying on AA]. I point out the connectivity on AA in particular because that is BA's code share airline.

by dev49 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Not too happy about PDX going only seasonal. Booking now I have to connect through STL or DEN usually. ERGH
Again. I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm just saying it's not happening when people said it would/expected.
Critical_Mass
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by Critical_Mass »

normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Looks like the “Hawaiian Air”- United 767 flight from KCI had to circle back shortly after take off today.
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

Glad you picked up on that. I was going to put "Tim BUTT two"... hehe
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

normalthings wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:56 pm It seems BA won’t be coming to STL next year as had been widely rumored.
WOW will be permanently ending service to STL starting on January 7. Per OAG report today. Before the OAG report, WOW STL fare prices had spiked to $1200 which is typical of an airline that is planning on suspending services.

WW KEF-STL JAN 0.4>0.1[0] FEB 0.4>0.0 [0]

Other News: United will be adding an extra daily EWR to KC flight starting in April. That makes it 4 daily.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

Wow cancelled STL permanently. I’ll be curious to see if a bunch more markets get cut now.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

dev49 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:21 pm Wow cancelled STL permanently. I’ll be curious to see if a bunch more markets get cut now.
I really wonder how close to collapse WOW is.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Wonder how Norwegian air is doing?
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

You should slide into their DMs and check.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

So British Airways decides to add a new US Market but this time its x2 weekly summer service to Charleston South Carolina - Kind of a slap in the face to KC and St Louis if you ask me - This route makes no sense unless its some kind of Business deal made out with a company in Charleston

I wish British Airways just shared a plane for KC and STL just alternated days with one day off, Sun/Tues/Th it flies flies out of KC and Monday/Weds/Friday it flies out of STL
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

brewcrew1000 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:44 pm So British Airways decides to add a new US Market but this time its x2 weekly summer service to Charleston South Carolina - Kind of a slap in the face to KC and St Louis if you ask me - This route makes no sense unless its some kind of Business deal made out with a company in Charleston

I wish British Airways just shared a plane for KC and STL just alternated days with one day off, Sun/Tues/Th it flies flies out of KC and Monday/Weds/Friday it flies out of STL
Not so much a slap in the face for KC. We haven’t really been going after them like STL and other cities have. I think Delta & Partners as well as German airlines are more our target.

Big slap in the face for STL though. They have been getting passed up by BA for over two years now. STL has very publically been pursuing BA and 2 years in a row has supposedly been close to a deal.

This flight will be Charleston’s ONLY international flight. They don’t even have flights to Canada nor Mexico.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I still think the best tatl for KC would be Ireland or London.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

WoodDraw wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:36 pm I still think the best tatl for KC would be Ireland or London.
Those would be two of the worst IMO. I’d prefer a continental location with lots of rail connections as well as air connections to the Middle East, Africa, etc. Amsterdam would be my first preferrance.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

beautyfromashes wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:29 pm
WoodDraw wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:36 pm I still think the best tatl for KC would be Ireland or London.
Those would be two of the worst IMO. I’d prefer a continental location with lots of rail connections as well as air connections to the Middle East, Africa, etc. Amsterdam would be my first preferrance.
London isn’t the best in terms of connections. Netherlands, Germany, and France would all be better options.
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Frankfurt please.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I have no knowledge at all. I just hear a lot of people going to Ireland. :D

I would much rather do France or Germany. I'm very open to being wrong.
dev49
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dev49 »

normalthings wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:28 pm
brewcrew1000 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:44 pm So British Airways decides to add a new US Market but this time its x2 weekly summer service to Charleston South Carolina - Kind of a slap in the face to KC and St Louis if you ask me - This route makes no sense unless its some kind of Business deal made out with a company in Charleston

Not so much a slap in the face for KC. We haven’t really been going after them like STL and other cities have. I think Delta & Partners as well as German airlines are more our target.

Big slap in the face for STL though. They have been getting passed up by BA for over two years now. STL has very publically been pursuing BA and 2 years in a row has supposedly been close to a deal.

This flight will be Charleston’s ONLY international flight. They don’t even have flights to Canada nor Mexico.
Let's not read to much into this. As noted on other message boards this is a 2x weekly seasonal route. BA isn't going to start KC/STL/Columbus/any non leisure market with only 2x weekly for 4 months. They are going to do 4x weekly (at least in summer) and have year round service. Chances are BA had a plane with 2 open days to use somewhere and they wanted to pick a leisure market that would pay up for service. South Carolina shelled out 1.3 million, so they got the flight. We will see if it lasts after incentives run out. Their demand to Europe is less than half of the other markets.
wahoowa
Ambassador

Post by wahoowa »

normalthings wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:28 pm

I think Delta & Partners as well as German airlines are more our target.
i'd much rather see KLM/AF than BA.