KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Transportation topics in KC
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: KCI Flight Schedule Adjustments

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I'm suprised MCI-LAX on AA isn't completely gone. That route is offered by Spirit, Delta, AA, and SW. You can sometimes get $50-60 each way on these routes although AA was always the most expensive of the four.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

brewcrew1000 wrote:I'm suprised MCI-LAX on AA isn't completely gone. That route is offered by Spirit, Delta, AA, and SW. You can sometimes get $50-60 each way on these routes although AA was always the most expensive of the four.
Agreed. I suspect it is a matter of time before the pull back completely.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Allegiant is starting non stop service to AZA - Phoenix-Mesa - begins October 4, 2017 with fares as low as $45 - Allegiant never runs a daily schedule, so it will probably be like 2 or 3 times weekly
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

Frontier Airlines announced new non-stop routes between MCI and Raleigh Durham, Tampa, Ft. Meyers and Cancun
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

hartliss wrote:Frontier Airlines announced new non-stop routes between MCI and Raleigh Durham, Tampa, Ft. Meyers and Cancun
We have really gotten a ton of expansion from the Ultra Low Cost Carriers (Spirit, Allegiant, Frontier) I think people still think Southwest as this low price leader but they are in fact more expensive then the legacy carriers (Delta, American, United).
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

brewcrew1000 wrote:
hartliss wrote:Frontier Airlines announced new non-stop routes between MCI and Raleigh Durham, Tampa, Ft. Meyers and Cancun
We have really gotten a ton of expansion from the Ultra Low Cost Carriers (Spirit, Allegiant, Frontier) I think people still think Southwest as this low price leader but they are in fact more expensive then the legacy carriers (Delta, American, United).
Agreed. Love the new service but ULCC are a bit inconsistent on frequency and seasonality which makes it tricky to book in advance.
herrfrank
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by herrfrank »

hartliss wrote:Delta begins new nonstop service between MCI and Boston in October. One flight per day.
This has been moved up to September, and the airline (Delta) is currently offering the fare at a discounted price.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

New charter flights to Punta Cana, beginning in February: http://flykci.com/newsroom/news-release ... p-flights/

Frontier Airlines announced the following a few weeks back: http://www.flykci.com/newsroom/news-rel ... s-raleigh/

- CUN begins December 10, operates on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday

- RSW begins December 10, operates Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday

- TPA begins December 16, operates Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday

- RDU begins early 2018

And last week, ViaAir announced seasonal flights between MCI and Steamboat Springs: http://www.kansascity.com/news/business ... 23053.html
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

hartliss wrote:
brewcrew1000 wrote:I'm suprised MCI-LAX on AA isn't completely gone. That route is offered by Spirit, Delta, AA, and SW. You can sometimes get $50-60 each way on these routes although AA was always the most expensive of the four.
Agreed. I suspect it is a matter of time before the pull back completely.
AA has now pulled MCI-LAX in Dec
Allegiant has pulled their MCI-LAS flights in Feb 18

Indianapolis just landed a non-stop flight to Paris. MCI, in theory, is next up in terms of TATL demand w/o a non-stop.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

^I also noticed that WOW Air is flying from St Louis to Iceland in May 2018, St Louis would be the closest driving city to have TATL and WOW Airline fares sometime reach 99 dollars each way

In regards to the Indy flight Taxpayers will help subsidize the flight. gov't is offering Delta up to $5.5 million in conditional incentives over two years.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

brewcrew1000 wrote:^I also noticed that WOW Air is flying from St Louis to Iceland in May 2018, St Louis would be the closest driving city to have TATL and WOW Airline fares sometime reach 99 dollars each way

In regards to the Indy flight Taxpayers will help subsidize the flight. gov't is offering Delta up to $5.5 million in conditional incentives over two years.
Yea, 5.5 million is quite an incentive. I don't believe MCI has that type of money. STL did just recently authorize up to 4 million to attract service.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

swid wrote:Maybe this time it will actually happen:

OneJet to start 2x/weekday MCI-PIT and 1x/weekday MCI-MEM service in March
No other airline is providing any nonstop flights to either destination. Good sign for KC
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

hartliss wrote:
brewcrew1000 wrote:^I also noticed that WOW Air is flying from St Louis to Iceland in May 2018, St Louis would be the closest driving city to have TATL and WOW Airline fares sometime reach 99 dollars each way

Yea, 5.5 million is quite an incentive. I don't believe MCI has that type of money. STL did just recently authorize up to 4 million to attract service.
heard stl is going for Condor and BA at the same time. Trying to get both.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

The Condor flights will most likely be seasonal service to Frankfurt. Seems like Condor has a few nonstop to mid size airports like Pittsburgh, Austin, Portland.
hartliss
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by hartliss »

ldai_phs wrote:
hartliss wrote:

heard stl is going for Condor and BA at the same time. Trying to get both.
They really want BA (as does every mid-size city including MCI). A contingent from MCI is traveling to Europe this month to meet with an unknown carrier.
LCDSI
New York Life
New York Life

Post by LCDSI »

fyi; mci will now have a direct flight to iceland!

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics ... 16934.html
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

I was making plans to go to Iceland already. This is awesome!
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

Nice! A major milestone. It's just a seasonal but good start.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

Icelandair is a decent airline but we most likely won't see the rock bottom fares of 99 each way that WOW offers. Also, 5 months seems like a really short timeframe to launch a new route. I could see this only lasting a couple years. I'm excited, I will be trying to look for decent deals on this route as we wanted to go to Iceland.