We need a new airport!!!

Transportation topics in KC
User avatar
FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 12240
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:02 pm
Location: Old Northeast -- Indian Mound

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby FangKC » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:01 pm

The voting process is still happening on whether to dump Edgemoor altogether. The Council is still in session.

moderne
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3851
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:50 pm
Location: downtown

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby moderne » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Runner-up AECOM +Burns & Mac?

User avatar
KC_JAYHAWK
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 844
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:33 am
Location: Waldo

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby KC_JAYHAWK » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Can we dump the city council instead? Seriously don't vote for these minions in the next mayoral election, they can't tie their own shoes without fvcking something up.
Last edited by KC_JAYHAWK on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cityscape
New York Life
New York Life
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:41 pm
Location: Overland Park

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby cityscape » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Are they citing specific reasons or just throwing tantrums?

User avatar
FangKC
City Center Square
City Center Square
Posts: 12240
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 10:02 pm
Location: Old Northeast -- Indian Mound

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby FangKC » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:27 pm

The council has adjourned. The basic (first) agreement was defeated. A vote passed to drop Edgemoor completely, but it was sent to committee for further consideration. It doesn't mean Edgemoor is out, but it doesn't look good for them.

Council member Lee Barnes passed out the resolution to dump Edgemoor.

The vote was 9-4. The only council members to vote yes were Mayor Sly James and council members Jermaine Reed, Jolie Justus, and Katheryn Shields.
Last edited by FangKC on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 27755
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby KCPowercat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:31 pm

They will negotiate another week and then move to AECOM. I haven't figured out why they rejected....closest reason I've seen is something with the community benefits package but then saw something about FAA not accepting that package....which seems dumb for KCMO to out it in the MOU if the FAA wouldn't accept.

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 27755
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby KCPowercat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:33 pm

They will negotiate another week and then move to AECOM. I haven't figured out why they rejected....closest reason I've seen is something with the community benefits package but then saw something about FAA not accepting that package....which seems dumb for KCMO to out it in the MOU if the FAA wouldn't accept.

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 27755
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby KCPowercat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:34 pm

I have no problem with the council looking for a good deal with a vendor...but if this is over their idiotic community benefits package that is this councils little pet thing then yes they are being foolish.

User avatar
ldai_phs
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby ldai_phs » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:56 pm

KC_JAYHAWK wrote:Can we dump the city council instead? Seriously don't vote for these minions in the next mayoral election, they can't tie their own shoes without fvcking something up.

Justus and Reed should be the only ones who stay in city gov.

User avatar
ldai_phs
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby ldai_phs » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:02 pm

KCPowercat wrote:I have no problem with the council looking for a good deal with a vendor...but if this is over their idiotic community benefits package that is this councils little pet thing then yes they are being foolish.

This is really doing edgemoor dirty.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 15752
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby DaveKCMO » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:05 pm

while certainly a disappointment, let's remember that the council still has voter approval to tear down the old terminal(s) and build a new single terminal. today's outcome doesn't change that, it just alters the timeline and the people involved (and makes the council look bad).

Riverite
Strip mall
Strip mall
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby Riverite » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 pm

Could we get mired in a legal battle over this?

User avatar
ldai_phs
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 592
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby ldai_phs » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:22 pm

Riverite wrote:Could we get mired in a legal battle over this?

Maybe yes.

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 27755
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby KCPowercat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:07 am

Explain why this makes council look bad. They seem to have legit concerns.

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 27755
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby KCPowercat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:42 am

And if Jolie and sly are for it I most likely am too!

shinatoo
Oak Tower
Oak Tower
Posts: 5924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:20 pm
Location: Lee's Summit

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby shinatoo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:51 am

From the articles I read it sounds like there weren't anywhere near enough details about the design or the funding. You don't go forward on a billion dollar deal with a "trust us, it's going to be great". How bad would it look if this all fell apart in 9 months and we had to pay Edgemore 30 million to back out of the deal? And if I'm not mistaken, Edgemore doesn't have a large portfolio of projects this size. KCMO is in the driver's seat on this and they shouldn't expect anything other than full details to their satisfaction.
Quocunque Jeceris Stabit

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 27755
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby KCPowercat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:21 am

I tend to agree. The editorial from the star isn't helping public opinion. They should have been a little more tempered in their remarks...feel like they are really trying hard to become edgy and relevant again.

kcjak
Valencia Place
Valencia Place
Posts: 1765
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:02 pm

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby kcjak » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 am

shinatoo wrote:From the articles I read it sounds like there weren't anywhere near enough details about the design or the funding. You don't go forward on a billion dollar deal with a "trust us, it's going to be great". How bad would it look if this all fell apart in 9 months and we had to pay Edgemore 30 million to back out of the deal? And if I'm not mistaken, Edgemore doesn't have a large portfolio of projects this size. KCMO is in the driver's seat on this and they shouldn't expect anything other than full details to their satisfaction.


Not trying to be combative, but why wouldn't these details have been worked out prior to Edgemore being selected in the first place?

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 15752
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby DaveKCMO » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:47 am

kcjak wrote:
shinatoo wrote:From the articles I read it sounds like there weren't anywhere near enough details about the design or the funding. You don't go forward on a billion dollar deal with a "trust us, it's going to be great". How bad would it look if this all fell apart in 9 months and we had to pay Edgemore 30 million to back out of the deal? And if I'm not mistaken, Edgemore doesn't have a large portfolio of projects this size. KCMO is in the driver's seat on this and they shouldn't expect anything other than full details to their satisfaction.


Not trying to be combative, but why wouldn't these details have been worked out prior to Edgemore being selected in the first place?


yes, with council people on the selection committee and all...

User avatar
KCPowercat
Power & Light
Power & Light
Posts: 27755
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:49 pm
Location: Quality Hill
Contact:

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Postby KCPowercat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:20 am

It does appear the MOU could use more financing definition....the only thing further defined was protecting edgemoor.


Return to “Kansas City Transportation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: horizons82 and 5 guests