We need a new airport!!!

Transportation topics in KC
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: We need a new airport!!!

Post by normalthings »

^ There is another open house tonight and 4 more next week. There were a few bites on the news but nothing big. Id assume they’d collect feedback during the meetings then anazlyse it after the round is over
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

The underwhelming terminal drawings and now the lack of any updates and information on the airport is deafening.
It just seems that it will be even more delayed now.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

STLguy1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:39 pm The underwhelming terminal drawings and now the lack of any updates and information on the airport is deafening.
It just seems that it will be even more delayed now.
What are you talking about? They posted an update this week

https://www.kci-edgemoor.com/news/

The slowdown is because the next steps are waiting on FAA approval.

They're saying the first major work could begin within two months. That hasn't slipped, the schedule from two months ago was the same.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Here's a bid release schedule (scroll down about halfway)

https://www.cwcjv.com/construction-procurement/

The amount of moving pieces should increase dramatically in a couple months.
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

They're saying the first major work could begin within two months. That hasn't slipped, the schedule from two months ago was the same.
Thanks! I don't go to the Edgemoor website. I watch the news sites and had not seen anything.

The construction timeline is old though... The news Oct 8 posted on Edgemoor says:

Design work will continue into 2019. Demolition activities are anticipated to begin as early as this fall, following the FAA’s approval of the Environmental Assessment; a groundbreaking for the project will follow. Construction of the new terminal will begin in early 2019.

The construction on the timetable chart says that it would begin in December 2018.

We will wait and see. I am optimistically cautious but pessimistically idealist and I doubt actual ground breaking ceremony will not happen until March or later. :roll:
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Troll somewhere else
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

by KCPowercat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:31 am

Troll somewhere else
Excuse Me? Can I report this poster? What did I post above that was controversial or offensive?
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

STLguy1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Thanks! I don't go to the Edgemoor website. I watch the news sites and had not seen anything.

The construction timeline is old though... The news Oct 8 posted on Edgemoor says:

Design work will continue into 2019. Demolition activities are anticipated to begin as early as this fall, following the FAA’s approval of the Environmental Assessment; a groundbreaking for the project will follow. Construction of the new terminal will begin in early 2019.

The construction on the timetable chart says that it would begin in December 2018.

We will wait and see. I am optimistically cautious but pessimistically idealist and I doubt actual ground breaking ceremony will not happen until March or later. :roll:

Looks to me like some of the RFPs on that bid list came out in mid August instead of November. For example, MOT,AOA fence, etc. That sounds like good news. https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... e+Work.pdf

The Edgemoor timetable says that demo would start in late 2018 with New Terminal construction in early 2019. Sounds in line with what they have said previously and I don't see how it's not achievable.

Email the KCrag gmail to complain
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

Thanks! =D>

I am glad to see that Edgemoor's calendar is still up too which I trust more than any news anyway.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

STLguy1 wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:01 pm
by KCPowercat » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:31 am

Troll somewhere else
Excuse Me? Can I report this poster?
Sure.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I'm not in the prediction market, but I'm going to guess KCP comes out of this one okay.
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

Now that is pretty pathetic that an administrator/moderator attacks a poster for absolutely no reason at all. Pathetic and immature. It's his/her playground, but if it is run like that, who wants to play with him/her (the bully) on the playground. Could have been professional and sent me a PM for his/her reasoning on calling me a troll, but nothing. I can see why these boards are not taken seriously in our community now too. What a mess.
Last edited by STLguy1 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STLguy1
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by STLguy1 »

Oh, just received 4 messages from other members - thank you for PMing me - I see this isn't an unusual tactic that KCPowercat does here. I appreciate the fact they you guys let me know that it is mainly that I am a STL transplant in KC (for the past 25 years) that KCPowercat called me a troll. I have STL in my handle name - I got it now.
Thanks for the messages friends.

Have fun in your sandbox KCPowercat... Like I said above... YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY PRETENTIOUSLY PATHETIC! =D>
KC_JAYHAWK
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by KC_JAYHAWK »

Let's all get along folks. KCP was probably just being sarcastic, in an asshole sorta way...lol. Move on.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Seriously. Calling someone a troll who has a decade history of trolling this site is not worth that reaction. This has nothing to do with my position on the site or this forum"s openness to opinions.....move on.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Did anybody go to any of the open houses? What a waste of time and effort on the part of Edgemoor. Didn't provide a lick of value if you ask me.... It was basically "here is stuff you could find on the website"

The first public sessions where you could vote on stuff and give meaningful feedback was much more productive.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

Calling someone a troll is practically a badge of honor, I hope everyone has calmed down.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Most polite argument I’ve seen on kcrag in a long time.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

KCPowercat wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:43 am Did anybody go to any of the open houses? What a waste of time and effort on the part of Edgemoor. Didn't provide a lick of value if you ask me.... It was basically "here is stuff you could find on the website"
I lead a youth activity so I know how it’s possible to spoon feed people information and they never look at it.

The meetings are for people too lazy to go to the website.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

KCPowercat wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:43 am Did anybody go to any of the open houses? What a waste of time and effort on the part of Edgemoor. Didn't provide a lick of value if you ask me.... It was basically "here is stuff you could find on the website"

The first public sessions where you could vote on stuff and give meaningful feedback was much more productive.
The biggest value may have been the ability to ask the designers and developers questions in person.