I'm Jealous

Transportation topics in KC
rxlexi
Penntower
Penntower

I'm Jealous

Post by rxlexi »

Okay, so light rail probably won't work in KC, there ARE a million better ways to use the huge amount of money required to build a light rail system, but I agree with Dead Man. Kansas City needs accesible, visible, high quality transit as badly as it needs all of the above mentioned projects, and unless BRT is really done right, with highly visible signs, high tech buses and stops, ease of use etc. (and I still believe it may), I will still pine for a high tech, pretty alternative to ring in that 'big city' vibe. I want KC to feel connected and of-a-piece, as well as being seemingly at the forefront of mass transit instead of settling for just acceptable. In the trolley days KC had as high-quality a transit system as any city in the country. Hell, even StL has the Metro, which uses primarily existing railway (I believe) and has been relatively successful. I would rather see all of the projects that were listed above completed than see KC get rail transit, as I think we all would, but in any case I feel what Dead Man's sayin'.
are we spinning free?
ignatius
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

I'm Jealous

Post by ignatius »

St. Louis isn't being told this but they can't afford LRT either. They are cancelling feeder bus lines to support expensive LRT. It's simply an excessive money muncher. KC is making the right move going with BRT.
phxcat
Hotel President
Hotel President

I'm Jealous

Post by phxcat »

Not only that, but the busses they are cancelling are the ones that are needed the most, in the city. When the original line was being built, Bi-State knew that it could never pay for itself. (This comes from a well- placed relative of mine!)