Streetcar to the riverfront

Transportation topics in KC
User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 15613
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:41 am

No vintage.

pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3801
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:47 am

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby pash » Tue May 02, 2017 4:52 pm

.
Last edited by pash on Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 15613
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Tue May 02, 2017 4:55 pm

There are some public meetings coming up soon.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 15613
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Sat May 13, 2017 1:27 pm

DaveKCMO wrote:There are some public meetings coming up soon.


save the date! may 31.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 15613
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Thu May 18, 2017 8:11 am

Image

User avatar
smh
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2677
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Central Loop

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby smh » Thu May 18, 2017 2:19 pm

I wish public meetings in largely residential areas were scheduled later. Working folk struggle to make these meetings.

flyingember
Oak Tower
Oak Tower
Posts: 5966
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby flyingember » Thu May 18, 2017 2:29 pm

smh wrote:I wish public meetings in largely residential areas were scheduled later. Working folk struggle to make these meetings.


It's part of their evil plan to have people over 65 determine development patterns

User avatar
smh
Broadway Square
Broadway Square
Posts: 2677
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Central Loop

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby smh » Thu May 18, 2017 2:54 pm

flyingember wrote:
smh wrote:I wish public meetings in largely residential areas were scheduled later. Working folk struggle to make these meetings.


It's part of their evil plan to have people over 65 determine development patterns

:lol:

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 15613
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:07 pm

the cost of the preferred alternative (3B) is ~$30 million: http://kcstreetcar.org/wp-content/uploa ... iumRes.pdf

JBmidtown
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:31 am

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby JBmidtown » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Whaaat? That seems expensive for a stub route.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 15613
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:07 pm

A full mile averages $60-62 million, this is a half mile.

User avatar
grovester
Hotel President
Hotel President
Posts: 3463
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:30 pm
Location: KC Metro

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby grovester » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Can this happen without any votes?

flyingember
Oak Tower
Oak Tower
Posts: 5966
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:54 am

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby flyingember » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:46 pm

grovester wrote:Can this happen without any votes?


the citywide transit sales tax, the general fund, private funds, state funds, federal funds all don't require a vote to use

the exception is if the anti-rail ballot item passes and somehow the city can't repeal it or they do and the courts force them to follow it, which seems farfetched

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 15613
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:49 pm

grovester wrote:Can this happen without any votes?


yes. a port improvement district is already in place (with a sales tax, i think). a new TDD would only require the vote of the port authority and a second transportation authority (which could be the city, KCATA, or jackson county).

earthling
Bryant Building
Bryant Building
Posts: 3902
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby earthling » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:56 pm

So what's the next step to make it happen?

JBmidtown
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:31 am

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby JBmidtown » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:00 pm

earthling wrote:So what's the next step to make it happen?


Also what I'm wondering. I'm assuming they're waiting to accumulate revenue from the existing riverfront TDD which could take some time...

WoodDraw
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:53 pm

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby WoodDraw » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm

JBmidtown wrote:
earthling wrote:So what's the next step to make it happen?


Also what I'm wondering. I'm assuming they're waiting to accumulate revenue from the existing riverfront TDD which could take some time...


Put together a plan for federal grants too, I'd guess.

User avatar
DaveKCMO
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 15613
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:22 pm
Location: Crossroads
Contact:

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby DaveKCMO » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:21 pm

to be clear, a riverfront TDD does not yet exist. the PID is the only funding source in place at this time.

this project is an obvious candidate for TIGER (not small starts), so be on the lookout for a funding notice from the trump administration. :shock:

JBmidtown
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:31 am

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby JBmidtown » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:25 pm

DaveKCMO wrote:to be clear, a riverfront TDD does not yet exist. the PID is the only funding source in place at this time.

this project is an obvious candidate for TIGER (not small starts), so be on the lookout for a funding notice from the trump administration. :shock:


So what you're saying is that as long as Repubs are slashing grant programs and putting the money back into, I dunno, fancy new guns and paperweights or whatever the money is going, we are fucked until Trump is out of office?

WoodDraw
Colonnade
Colonnade
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:53 pm

Re: Streetcar to the riverfront

Postby WoodDraw » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 pm

JBmidtown wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:to be clear, a riverfront TDD does not yet exist. the PID is the only funding source in place at this time.

this project is an obvious candidate for TIGER (not small starts), so be on the lookout for a funding notice from the trump administration. :shock:


So what you're saying is that as long as Repubs are slashing grant programs and putting the money back into, I dunno, fancy new guns and paperweights or whatever the money is going, we are fucked until Trump is out of office?


The senate came out recently and said they'll fund TIGER. Call your Senators and Reps.


Return to “Kansas City Transportation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests