Transit App

Transportation topics in KC
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Transit App

Post by Demosthenes »

Okay so I have discovered the perfect companion for any person living the car free life like myself. This app makes taking transit so incredibly easy. Suddenly our transit system seems just as good as some of the best. Seriously, I suggest everyone try it out.

You can find the app here http://transitapp.com. Basically it shows all our bus routes in complete yet organized and easy to use form. It also functions in real time so you know exactly where a bus is and when it will arrive. It's amazing! You can also put in your destination and it will give you the best options on how to get there. It is also hooked up with uber so it shows how far the closest uber car is, and you can call one to come pick you up. All the bicycle share racks are shown too, with up to the minute info on how many bikes are currently in each stall.

This is a revolution in transit.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Transit App

Post by kboish »

Demosthenes wrote:Okay so I have discovered the perfect companion for any person living the car free life like myself. This app makes taking transit so incredibly easy. Suddenly our transit system seems just as good as some of the best. Seriously, I suggest everyone try it out.

You can find the app here http://transitapp.com. Basically it shows all our bus routes in complete yet organized and easy to use form. It also functions in real time so you know exactly where a bus is and when it will arrive. It's amazing! You can also put in your destination and it will give you the best options on how to get there. It is also hooked up with uber so it shows how far the closest uber car is, and you can call one to come pick you up. All the bicycle share racks are shown too, with up to the minute info on how many bikes are currently in each stall.

This is a revolution in transit.
Nice suggestion. I like this app alot.
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

Yeah, but bus shelters.
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

Really though this is a great app.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demosthenes
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by Demosthenes »

pash wrote:I recommended this app in some random thread about a year ago. It really is pretty fantastic. It also has Uber integration now, so it's dead simple to figure out whether it's worth ordering a car instead of hoofing it to catch a bus, say.
Man I wish I had seen your suggestion then. This app is a life changer!
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Does anyone know if Uber drivers are allowed to pick up at the airport? Also, can they deliver outside KCMO if they pick up inside? Thanks.
Last edited by missingkc on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Not yet.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Maybe it's not very civic-minded, but I'd like to be able to get around the nearly 100% tax on rental cars in KCMO.
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

missingkc wrote:Also, can they deliver outside KCMO if they pick up inside? Thanks.
I'm sure they would even if they aren't allowed. I haven't tested this yet though.
missingkc
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by missingkc »

Thanks, kboish.
ULCajun
Pad site
Pad site

Post by ULCajun »

Last time I tried, Uber will not allow you to call a car when at the airport, it will just show a request as unavailable.