OFFICIAL - Prospect MAX

Transportation topics in KC
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Prospect MAX

Post by DaveKCMO »

DST has put the kibosh on a contraflow bus lane on 12th (which would have allowed all of the buses to stay on 12th, both eastbound and westbound), so riders will have to continue remembering which street (11th or 12th) is the one where they need to catch the bus to go in a particular direction.
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DaveKCMO wrote:DST has put the kibosh on a contraflow bus lane on 12th (which would have allowed all of the buses to stay on 12th, both eastbound and westbound), so riders will have to continue remembering which street (11th or 12th) is the one where they need to catch the bus to go in a particular direction.
And the 11th Street jog will continue to be a pedestrian hazard. But at least I only have to look one direction when I leave the Marriott....
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

smh wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:DST has put the kibosh on a contraflow bus lane on 12th (which would have allowed all of the buses to stay on 12th, both eastbound and westbound), so riders will have to continue remembering which street (11th or 12th) is the one where they need to catch the bus to go in a particular direction.
And the 11th Street jog will continue to be a pedestrian hazard. But at least I only have to look one direction when I leave the Marriott....
um, how often are you at the marriott?
smh
Supporter

Post by smh »

DaveKCMO wrote:
smh wrote:
um, how often are you at the marriott?
Ha! Never in a vehicle, that's for sure.
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

DaveKCMO wrote:DST has put the kibosh on a contraflow bus lane on 12th
VOTE THEM OUT...oh, wait.

Where Tony's obligatory "Democracy is Dead'' post? Where Bryan Stadlers outrage? Where's Joe Smith calling people pussies and retards? Where's Sue Burke's "Brookside" Facebook page against DST making policy decisions without input from her filter business?

Alt.:

Where's the fucking City Council? If DST was a union there'd be 5 of them lined up to "show those bullies who's the boss"...

I thought all these people where for inexpensive bus-based transit solutions. It doesn't get any cheaper or bus-centric than that.
Eon Blue
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by Eon Blue »

Eff that noise.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

second public meeting is 4-7pm tuesday, march 18, at zion grove baptist church (2801 swope parkway).
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

a tidbit that came out today when council approved the phase 2 streetcar plan that includes prospect MAX: why couple MAX with streetcar? the previous two lines were funded primarily by federal sources that no longer exist (earmark for main street MAX, "very small starts" program for troost MAX). since the streetcar and prospect MAX connect at linwood and prospect (as well as the 2010 federal investment in troost MAX at linwood and troost), it also boost the federal funding potential as a "system".
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

info from the march public meeting is now online: http://www.kcata.org/light_rail_max/pro ... ax_visuals
Armorek
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Armorek »

chingon wrote:
DaveKCMO wrote:DST has put the kibosh on a contraflow bus lane on 12th
VOTE THEM OUT...oh, wait.

Where Tony's obligatory "Democracy is Dead'' post? Where Bryan Stadlers outrage? Where's Joe Smith calling people pussies and retards? Where's Sue Burke's "Brookside" Facebook page against DST making policy decisions without input from her filter business?

Alt.:

Where's the fucking City Council? If DST was a union there'd be 5 of them lined up to "show those bullies who's the boss"...

I thought all these people where for inexpensive bus-based transit solutions. It doesn't get any cheaper or bus-centric than that.
*slow clap* So true. We can't be advocates of the street car and buses. As soon as any of the focus is turns away from some undefined parameters set by these people it becomes a waste of money and it's going to ruin all of KC.
Smithfield
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Smithfield »

Eon Blue wrote:A properly done Cerner mixed-use development at Bannister could make a perfect southern endpoint for Prospect MAX.

Alas.
Sorry, Im ignorant on the topic; what's the latest on the Cerner development as far as public transit?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Smithfield wrote:
Eon Blue wrote:A properly done Cerner mixed-use development at Bannister could make a perfect southern endpoint for Prospect MAX.

Alas.
Sorry, Im ignorant on the topic; what's the latest on the Cerner development as far as public transit?
non-existent, as far as land use.

the bannister area is served by several bus routes: troost MAX, #28, #175, and #471. i believe some trips of the prospect MAX will also serve the development.
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

Not sure of current bus routes but at one time the Blue Ridge Express would start at Truman Corners proceed down Blue Ridge and then turn onto I-70 to go downtown. Another Express route would start also at Truman Corners and go down Hickman Mills Dr to Hillcrest to Bannister Mall and then get on I-435/I-70 and go downtown. Since then a Park n Ride has been added at Red Bridge Rd and Grandview Rd. It would be no problem to serve the South KC area to Cerner nor East/West by using 95th St.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

if amendment 7 passes but the expansion TDD does not, prospect MAX would not get funded. all four projects live and die together.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

there is no plan B for prospect MAX.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

a $1.2 million federal grant will improve bus stops and sidewalk infrastructure on one stretch of prospect: http://www.kcata.org/about_kcata/entrie ... pportunity
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

new effort underway to advance this project on its own. councilman reed is leading the charge.
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

What's the plan this time? Prospect needs MAX service bad.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

JBmidtown wrote:What's the plan this time? Prospect needs MAX service bad.
not sure. what MAX-style amenity does prospect need most? it already has high frequency.
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

Seating. The 71 is always packed. That route definitely needs bigger buses. And, because it's so fun to beat this dead horse, bus shelters couldn't hurt for that corridor.