Streetcar Phase 2 in Downtown

Transportation topics in KC
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Streetcar Phase 2 in Downtown

Post by flyingember »

The starter line shouldn't be all that's downtown for years. An additional downtown segment really needs to be added as well in phase 2.

I have several thoughts on good lines to show different ways of adding to the system downtown. My ideas try to connect more downtown attractions with more existing residential and potential development areas. I looked for parking lots and empty lots 2 blocks from each idea as well.

1. a cross line to connect the convention district and the government district. 10th and washington to 12th to Charlotte. east village, the govt district and the heart of quality hill

2. a parallel line going down Broadway. 3rd and Grand to Broadway then back to Main via 20th, maybe all the way to Cherry. it would go through more of the crossroads as well as a direct stop at Bartle Hall and the Kaufman Center

3. a loop inside the loop. 12th and Main to Washington to 9th to Charlotte to 12th and back
provide two transfer points inside the loop. combined with main that would be something like 90% coverage of inside the loop within 2 blocks.

4. North L Line with two connections. Grand 5th to 12th, then on 12th to Broadway. convention district and more of downtown.

5. South L line with one connection. 12th Main to Broadway, down Broadway to 20th