OFFICIAL - Main Street Streetcar Extension

Transportation topics in KC
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Phase 2 streetcar to UMKC

Post by WoodDraw »

I'm talking public impression, not law.

Anyway, I'm sorry I got involved in this. I didn't mean to shut anyone down, just show a little more discretion because people find it creepy. But you do you.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I like pash too, even when it sounds like a drunk thesaurus puked out his post. No need to delete your post telling me to grow the fuck up. Come backkkkk
Highlander
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by Highlander »

im2kull wrote:
If she doesn't want anyone asked her questions about the public things she does, or who injured themselves on "her" property suing her for damages, then maybe she shouldn't have "her" property on top of city/public property while creating a fuss about the way the city uses it's own property. If she really doesn't expect anyone to criticize her or speak up about the violations of multiple laws and codes that she's so openly committing, then perhaps she shouldn't be such a hypocritical bitch. Let's stop blaming the gun here, and start holding the person pulling the trigger accountable.
That's closer to the heart of the issue. I don't care if people take positions I am opposed to. That's their right regardless of how misguided I believe their ideas are and I never have an issue with politely debating the issues.

But the person in question here has seemingly taken up a "cause" to protect their own self interest and cover up what is potentially suspect activity without regard to their property. That's hypocrisy, it's simply not forgivable, and I suspect it would not go over well even with the people the individual ostensibly claims to be trying to protect from higher taxes. If the allegation is true, it should be open season. But then again, American politics have descended to a level that anyone can do whatever they want regardless of how reprehensible and altogether avoid any public condemnation so maybe it's just par for today's course.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Re: Phase 2 streetcar to UMK

Post by flyingember »

And being right, it’s a bad article because it’s really easy to spin as government against one individual.

remember, the federal government has been 100% in the right on issues of land rights and still come out behind
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

the TDD director election is saturday. election cards should be hitting mailboxes this week, indicating your polling place (it won't be the usual place).

Wards 1 & 2:
Sacred Heart Hall, 814 W. 26th Street

Ward 4:
The Whole Person, 3710 Main

Ward 5:
Immanuel Lutheran Church, 1700 Westport Road

Ward 6:
Central Methodist Church, 5144 Oak

Ward 11:
Garrison Community Center, 1124 E. 5th Street

Absentee & Central Voting Location:
Kansas City Board of Election Commissioners, 30 W. Pershing

unofficial results will be available later that evening. the mayor has endorsed this slate of seven candidates: https://www.connectkc.org/how-to-vote/
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

We need to amplify this, I can see a lot of folks just showing up at their normal station on election day.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

grovester wrote:We need to amplify this, I can see a lot of folks just showing up at their normal station on election day.
At the very least there should be "go here" signs up on the door of the not a polling places. Not everyone will read a sign but you can't help everyone.
gfisch95
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by gfisch95 »

Is the plan to stick with three car length trains or go longer? Or is that further down the road?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Just like the conversation about articulated buses, it’s better to just run more often than to buy longer vehicles (and have to retrofit your maintenance facility).
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

gfisch95 wrote:Is the plan to stick with three car length trains or go longer? Or is that further down the road?
We have single car trains.

Compare to examples of Houston for two car trains or Charlotte for three car trains.

Each car has a coupler on both ends and driver controls on both ends of each car. So a three car train has six driver spots and two couplers in use.

In the future it would be much better to combine two current vehicles. Allows for flexibility of service without the downsides mentioned. Houston runs both 1x and 2x trains on different lines without buying different trains for each.

Can open a new line with longer vehicles and retrofit platforms on an existing line as funding allows.

Much better operational flexibility and value
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

today's polling places:

WSPanic
Supporter

Post by WSPanic »

I was at The Whole Person spot a little after noon today - there were a handful of voters there. Good luck David!
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

Are results out? If so, did the pro streetcar people win?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

The Smart KC group were 8th, 9th and 10th and 11th
Three directors would serve three-year terms. Two would serve two-year terms and two would serve one-year terms.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/kc ... 80422.html

Rough guess is
Circo, Marcason and Alonso are 3 years
Johnson and Krum are 2 years
Dastrup and Graham are 1 year
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

I keep hearing about a push for dedicated row down main. Had this become a big priority?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

WoodDraw wrote:I keep hearing about a push for dedicated row down main. Had this become a big priority?
We just have to be vigilant, but yeah.
normalthings
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by normalthings »

When are the Dave led walking tours going to start? Haha
tower
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by tower »

If the streetcar through midtown had a dedicated ROW, I assume it would have to be run in the center of the street?

I'm all for both of those things, but how do you you link that up with the current track? It would have to have an akward lane change at Union station or the track would have to be redone all the way back to 20th, the way I see it.