OFFICIAL - Main Street Streetcar Extension

Transportation topics in KC
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Phase 2 streetcar to UMKC

Post by DaveKCMO »

aknowledgeableperson wrote:"DeJanes's garage, by the way, seems to have been built in 1996."

Surely the ATA knew of its existence since then. If so then why wait so long to take action? Why wait 20 years?
she's taken up more of their space since then.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

^ She's like a pimp expanding her territory.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

Wait, who erased my post about DeJanes (Where I posted the GIS property photos and gave out her contact info for those interested in personal injury lawyers for those injured by DeJanes structures crisscrossing public lands)??
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

This obsession with DeJanes does seem a bit unhealthy. She's becoming a scooby doo villain with a bunch of fake detectives here.

"And we would have gotten away with it, if not for that rotten DeJanes!"

There's been a lawsuit filed and I'm sure maybe a few of you have tried to get local journalists involved. No one seems interested. Maybe it's time to settle the fuck down?
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Post by taxi »

I think she's hot.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

WoodDraw wrote:This obsession with DeJanes does seem a bit unhealthy. She's becoming a scooby doo villain with a bunch of fake detectives here.

There's been a lawsuit filed and I'm sure maybe a few of you have tried to get local journalists involved. No one seems interested. Maybe it's time to settle the fuck down?
She's involved with about at least one anti-anything group in the city. This is just one piece of the whole picture.

Showing she has little respect for due process is like pointing out Sue Burke has an alley dock and yet complains about not being able to block the street any more.

It's all about lessening her moral standing on the subject. Something like "the KCATA had to sue her over improperly fencing in part of the cooridor she doesn't want trains on"
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

flyingember wrote:
WoodDraw wrote:This obsession with DeJanes does seem a bit unhealthy. She's becoming a scooby doo villain with a bunch of fake detectives here.

She's involved with about at least one anti-anything group in the city. This is just one piece of the whole picture.

Showing she has little respect for due process is like pointing out Sue Burke has an alley dock and yet complains about not being able to block the street any more.

It's all about lessening her moral standing on the subject. Something like "the KCATA had to sue her over improperly fencing in part of the cooridor she doesn't want trains on"
Oh, I have no problem with that in context. And given a public campaign by her, I have no problem introducing it. Right now it all has just gotten a little boogeyman-ish, to put it lightly.
pash
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by pash »

Last edited by pash on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

You must be such an insufferable prick to know.

My point, as always, is that this is a message board of like 12 people that post regularly. You could quiz all of us and we could all tell you where she lives and the grave, grave laws she's broken.

If you feel so strongly about this, may I suggest writing Collison or the star or the pitch? Or you can continue to write screeds to the choir here, tell me to fuck off, and complain about the unnamed moderator. I leave that to you.
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

If we'd only gotten rid of DeJanes way back when, we'd have a metro-wide transit system.

There will always be a DeJanes.
mean
Administrator
Administrator

Post by mean »

I didn't remove the posts, but there is no question that posting that kind of stuff, especially in the context of railing against someone you feel has done wrong and gone unpunished, can easily be perceived--and has been perceived in many cases--as an invitation to harassment, at minimum. I probably would have left them up personally, the odds of some psycho rando stumbling across them seems astronomically small, but I get it.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Moderators used to temporarily ban posters. Happened to me a few times. It was deserved in most of the occasions but the posts were always worth it.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Also, I'm not convinced that it is a good argument to make. What's the follow through here? Do we really want to antagonize all of brookside (and a good deal of waldo) by turning this into a thing? I bet many there will sympathize with her more than a bunch of internet people running oppo research on a niche message board.

The KC Star could easily end up running a story saying "Pro-streetcar advocates post private information of opponents, call for city to take back land." The pretentiousness of thinking everyone must and should agree with us is so dangerous.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

WoodDraw wrote: this is a message board of like 12 people that post regularly
WoodDraw wrote: a niche message board.
okay, okay, we get it....it's not reddit.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Best way to remove her building is to work to replace it with a streetcar.
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

KCPowercat wrote:
I'd like to live downtown, can afford about $700... Looking for a two bedroom with parking.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Lol
dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

WoodDraw wrote:
KCPowercat wrote:
I'd like to live downtown, can afford about $700... Looking for a two bedroom with parking.
I know this is a joke post. But you can get a 2 bed downtown in the 700s. Quality Hill towers for example is still cheap.
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by im2kull »

WoodDraw wrote: The KC Star could easily end up running a story saying "Pro-streetcar advocates post private information of opponents, call for city to take back land." The pretentiousness of thinking everyone must and should agree with us is so dangerous.
What private information? It's all public.
http://www.sherrydejanes.com/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Westp ... -94.591384

http://www.besmartkc.com/

http://maps.jacksongov.org/parcelviewer/

https://www.facebook.com/sdejanes

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherrydejanes/

http://maps.jacksongov.org/PropertyRepo ... 0-0-00-000

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y7p84ger143flo1/1.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lstqemo0zuixppf/2.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryiobab57wx6nit/3.jpg

Get real.

If she doesn't want anyone asked her questions about the public things she does, or who injured themselves on "her" property suing her for damages, then maybe she shouldn't have "her" property on top of city/public property while creating a fuss about the way the city uses it's own property. If she really doesn't expect anyone to criticize her or speak up about the violations of multiple laws and codes that she's so openly committing, then perhaps she shouldn't be such a hypocritical bitch. Let's stop blaming the gun here, and start holding the person pulling the trigger accountable.