Ambassador

Re: Phase 2 streetcar to UMKC

Post by KCPowercat »

31st!
scooterj
Ambassador

Post by scooterj »

The sky bridge to St. Luke's would have been cool, but the expense of that makes it make a lot more sense as to why they would keep both 43rd & 45th instead of combining at 44th.

Interesting read!
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

That was a very interesting read. The walkshed and employment numbers served is great data for the anti streetcar crowd to consume.
mykn

Post by mykn »

flyingember wrote:Linwood stop moved to 31st
Booo. Time for my SmartKC contribution
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

31st puts me back in a 10 minute walk shed. I knew there was a walk shed gap and the graphics really show that. Looks like there was a tremendous amount of feedback from Union Hill interests that made influence. I was not even thinking about the two public health service agencies at the intersection of 31st and Main. Was amused by Park Place chiming in for the 31st station. I have a feeling that it will be a rare day when residents walk all the way over to Main. Is there any thing written in stone that a Linwood station may not be added in the future once the line is up and running and Main and adjoining neighborhoods densify?
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

Note to self: Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Got this from Dave’s twitter, the lawsuit dismissal document against the TDD election method.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx1_a3 ... hX0FV/view

Page 4 is my favorite. They had already dismissed every argument made and then we get to this section where they bring up the air filter vs streetcar lawsuit. This judge is smart to use it.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

dnweava
New York Life
New York Life

Post by dnweava »

DaveKCMO wrote:Boards from the public meeting: http://kcstreetcar.org/wp-content/uploa ... dsMaps.pdf
so all options are mixed traffic with parking on main street? SAD!

Remove the parking from main and give the streetcar/buses a dedicated lane, how freaking hard is that? The downtown route was planned poorly and they are going to F-up the extension too.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I just heard from a neighbor today that another neighbor 6 houses down received a knock(not sure when this happened) from someone about the street car and it very negative. They told our neighbor they are going to use eminent domain on his house and he would eventually lose it cause of the street car because they were going to put a street car stop near his house and that they needed some of his land. I really hope this kind of bullshit scare tactic isn't being used all around the neighborhood to get people to vote no.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

brewcrew1000 wrote:I just heard from a neighbor today that another neighbor 6 houses down received a knock(not sure when this happened) from someone about the street car and it very negative. They told our neighbor they are going to use eminent domain on his house and he would eventually lose it cause of the street car because they were going to put a street car stop near his house and that they needed some of his land. I really hope this kind of bullshit scare tactic isn't being used all around the neighborhood to get people to vote no.
No eminent domain. Wasn't used downtown and there's no reason to use it in Midtown. Also, voting is nearly complete and the vast majority of them are known supporters.
earthling
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by earthling »

^My Yes vote notarized and sent!
anonkcmo
Pad site
Pad site

Post by anonkcmo »

I ONLY hope they understand and focus almost exclusively on this:

It's about Downtown and The Plaza CONNECTION - making them as seamless as possible.
Don't muddy this goal by slowing down transit times between.
Don't allow the stops and traffic flow to diminish this connection.
Of course stops are needed, but the main goal is to connect the RCP seamlessly and QUICKLY.
mykn

Post by mykn »

Yes, how dare the midtown riff raff slow down the bougies scuttling between downtown and the plaza with demands of being included :roll:
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

There won't be any midtown riff raff to worry about anymore. The streetcar generated gentrification will drive them out. Midtown will no longer be a great supply of affordable housing. The affordable housing crisis in this city is going to come to a head here.
beautyfromashes
One Park Place
One Park Place

Post by beautyfromashes »

anonkcmo wrote: Of course stops are needed, but the main goal is to connect the RCP seamlessly and QUICKLY.
Time to dump some of those extra DT stops then!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

moderne wrote:There won't be any midtown riff raff to worry about anymore. The streetcar generated gentrification will drive them out. Midtown will no longer be a great supply of affordable housing. The affordable housing crisis in this city is going to come to a head here.
You forgot to blame millennials and Hyde Park NIMBYs.
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Are all the boards somewhere online?
moderne
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by moderne »

Not blaming anyone. This part of town has needed plenty of reinvestment for decades. I certainly have wanted improvement. Most of the houses I have owned have been in this area. But it has always been a source of lots of affordable housing close to public transit. A lot of people will be displaced. As a society and a city we do need to be concerned about decent affordable housing.