OFFICIAL - Main Street Streetcar Extension

Transportation topics in KC
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: Phase 2 streetcar to UMKC

Post by DaveKCMO »

earthling wrote:Some friends of mine live _on_ Campbell (near Armour) and do not qualify to vote, which they are fine with as no TDD tax either. But they want it to pass. If this has a good chance to win you probably would rather not want to be in the TDD if a property owner.
that far east would not be in the modeled special assessment zone anyway (only sales tax).
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Forgive me a google question, but

1: How often does the city update it's election website? I moved recently (as in like 4 months ago) and it still shows me as being at being at a different residence. I finally received a new voter card, about 4 months after they said it would take. Must be super busy down there.

2. Can I still vote in the two elections after this, even though I couldn't vote on the first?
WoodDraw
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by WoodDraw »

Also, this level of incompetence just astounds me. They said my voter registration would be changed in two weeks. It took 4 months. WTF are we even paying these people to do?
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

WoodDraw wrote:Forgive me a google question, but

1: How often does the city update it's election website? I moved recently (as in like 4 months ago) and it still shows me as being at being at a different residence. I finally received a new voter card, about 4 months after they said it would take. Must be super busy down there.

2. Can I still vote in the two elections after this, even though I couldn't vote on the first?
The city doesn't run the election website or election board. It's independent. There's actually four separate election boards depending on which county you live in inside KC. Only inside Jackson is the county board not responsible for KC.

The TDD shape will not be changing and only people who live inside the district vote in any election for it, much like a school district resident voters for items covering the district they live in. Like any election, if you move into the TDD district you can vote in future elections based on your current address if you register in time.

I need to update my registration due to a move so, like me, it's the voter's responsibility to make sure they have the correct address on file.
In the past four months there's been a citywide election they would have validated your address at. The card doesn't matter, it's if the data is right.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

WoodDraw wrote:2. Can I still vote in the two elections after this, even though I couldn't vote on the first?
yes.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

1,679 of 5,758 ballots returned as of july 14.
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

DaveKCMO wrote:1,679 of 5,758 ballots returned as of july 14.
Don't look at me, I'm outside of the TDD. :(
KCPowercat
Ambassador

Post by KCPowercat »

Yes.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

KCPowercat wrote:Yes.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

The airport line can not be just about going to the airport to make any sense and it's still expensive to get to the airport. I think about half the distance is getting to the airport from the last logical destination. If I were picking, get it to Tiffany Springs and stop there.

You pass by Gladstone and encourage redeveloping denser on N. Oak
It's an alternative to freeway widening to Second Creek over the next few decades by going down Barry with improved train + bus service.
You go to Zona Rosa, and cross back under I-29 to Tiffany Springs where there's thousands of jobs and some hotels

Even Chastain covered the airport segment by proposing a bus bridge past a terminus point. If his plan sees the cost as a concern you know it's expensive.

But it doesn't have to be slow. We bought light rail trains for downtown. Just space the stops out further, give it dedicated lanes and you have light rail. At 45mph dedicated lanes would go nearly as fast as a rush hour freeway
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

Do ballots need to be received by Aug 1? or postmarked by Aug 1?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

Received!
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

1,966 ballots received, as of today. i guess midtowners are just procrastinators, as witnessed by the last-minute rush of ballot applications.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

feel free to use these graphics on your social channels:

flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

DaveKCMO wrote:1,966 ballots received, as of today. i guess midtowners are just procrastinators, as witnessed by the last-minute rush of ballot applications.
What was the downtown election percent returned?
JBmidtown
Colonnade
Colonnade

Post by JBmidtown »

DaveKCMO wrote:1,966 ballots received, as of today. i guess midtowners are just procrastinators, as witnessed by the last-minute rush of ballot applications.
Can confirm. We are procrastinators.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

flyingember wrote:
stats: http://kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?t=18087
kboish
Hotel President
Hotel President

Post by kboish »

DaveKCMO wrote:
flyingember wrote:
stats: http://kcrag.com/viewtopic.php?t=18087
To bring forward that info:

In the original TDD about 85% of those who received a ballot (555) turned one in (474).

If that holds, we would expect 4894 ballots returned out of the 5758 ballots received in this cycle. We've got a ways to go.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

My count was at 85.4% that 4918 ballots is a higher turnout. It's fair to say that anything approaching 4900 is a comparable election turnout.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

Remind me, what is the expected announcement date for this vote?