Bike Lanes

Transportation topics in KC
smh
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Re: Bike Lanes

Postby smh » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:12 am

Also, didn't part of the facade collapse a year ago or so? I think that created some additional unplanned work.

loftguy
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Postby loftguy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:35 pm

flyingember wrote:
wahoowa wrote:what the hell is going on at the boley building? they've been hacking away at it for what seems like 18 months

I would bet it's a combination that slower costs less, a crazy complex amount of work and a need to not interrupt daytime users

Slower costs less?

In most any circumstance, the exact opposite proves true.

flyingember
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Postby flyingember » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:55 pm

loftguy wrote:
flyingember wrote:
wahoowa wrote:what the hell is going on at the boley building? they've been hacking away at it for what seems like 18 months

I would bet it's a combination that slower costs less, a crazy complex amount of work and a need to not interrupt daytime users

Slower costs less?

In most any circumstance, the exact opposite proves true.

Slower as in not a rush job. If they made a deal where their work is fit in the extra time around other jobs this could come with a discount and take a lot longer. Not saying that's the case but there's clearly reasons something like this could take so long.

flyingember
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Postby flyingember » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:22 pm

If I'm reading the minutes right the NKC Burlington cycle track project engineering contract was approved yesterday.

This is the 10th Ave to 32nd Ave segment of the bike network and hopefully will help accelerate the KCMO connections to NKC.

I would call this the biggest deal bike lane in the city, over even Grand, because it will show people what can be done.

Return to “Kansas City Transportation”