KC Bike share

Transportation topics in KC
earthling
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: KC Bike share

Postby earthling » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:10 am

gfenn11 wrote:I was in Dallas this week. LimeBike/Ofo bikes were indeed everywhere and honestly a little intruding on spaces, but they all had to clean up the bikes by yesterday or face penalties or removal by the city. I barely saw anyone riding them, but overall they seemed like a good idea. They just need a little more execution/planning.

Dockless smart bikes with some form of dumb bikerack structure is clearly the future of bikeshare. It's cheaper/faster to deploy. The only structure needed is to have designated locations that bikes can be checked in/out, which can appear on the bikeshare app.

shinatoo
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Postby shinatoo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:34 pm

I was in Dallas too. Almost triped over a lime bike walking into a parking structure.
Quocunque Jeceris Stabit

GRID
City Center Square
City Center Square

Postby GRID » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:40 pm

Dockless bikes suck. In the DC area they are just left everywhere, often laying on their sides etc. As a person that uses bike share all over the place I much prefer the structure and reliability of structured bike systems. Plus most of the dockless bikes are too ugly to ride. Chicago, NYC etc, have so many very large stations that work very well. Thank god they have not allowed dockless.

Return to “Kansas City Transportation”