Photo Editing

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Photo Editing

Post by bahua »

It's not effectively described as "freeware." It's open source free software. It's software that's been written in the hope that the computing community will find it useful. Kind of like me throwing a party, and letting people drink my beer, but also letting them know that they are always free to do so.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

GRID wrote: Don't just sign up for any class.  I would recommend classes offered by either custom color or digital labrador, both in the crossroads area.
I wish someone would recommend a good digital camera class. I'm a real visual learner and I hate reading manuals. I know I could get more out of my cameras than I do.
Sonfire
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by Sonfire »

CS 2 costs a crapload... I still use Photoshop 6.
"Your stupid."
"My stupid what?"

"Y-o-u-r... y-o-u-apostrophe-r-e... they're as different as night and day.  Don't you think that night and day are different?  What's wrong with you?"
-Strong Bad
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

nota wrote: I wish someone would recommend a good digital camera class. I'm a real visual learner and I hate reading manuals. I know I could get more out of my cameras than I do.
Are there any Ritz Camera stores in Kansas City? I think it's a national chain. I bought my Nikon D70 at one in Roanoke and learned they provide classes. I got to go for free, but I bet you could get in for a nominal fee. You can take your camera with you, and they will show you exactly what you need to know. Maybe where you got your camera offers classes.
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)
im2kull
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Are you guys from KC?

Post by im2kull »

Roanoker wrote: Thanks much, but I shouldn't have used the blur tool on the grass.
I dont know if its been mentioned before, im not reading this whole thread, but if its what i think, the grass is a lil bit lighter where you blended it.  I always use the "burn" tool to smooth this stuff out after blending..it helps add some conformity after bluring it all.
What's graciously given to KC, is strong for the region as a whole.  Passion and benevolence will one day exeem towards all whom know true adoration.  We shall triumph to better the community as One within
THINK (ONE) KC.
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

im2kull wrote: I dont know if its been mentioned before, im not reading this whole thread, but if its what i think, the grass is a lil bit lighter where you blended it.  I always use the "burn" tool to smooth this stuff out after blending..it helps add some conformity after bluring it all.
Thanks, kull. It's amazing how much I use Photoshop fairly effectively without really knowing how to use all its great functionality. I need to learn more about the burn tool. Dodge, too. I played around with it in the past without satisfactory results. But since you recommend it, I'll give it another shot. We'll see...
“Give up money, give up fame, give up science, give the earth itself and all it contains rather than do an immoral act.” —Thomas Jefferson (1785)