Bike needed.....

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Bike needed.....

Post by nota »

....I'm looking for a bike to rent for a week or two while my grandson is here. I've called around to all the obvious places nearby, but no one rents. There used to be a place in Parkville, but the train wreck took it out.

Grandson is 12 and tall enough to ride most any bike for awhile. He just wants to ride in the neighborhood.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bike needed.....

Post by dangerboy »

River Market Cyclery is the only place I know that rents bikes in KC.  They are on 3rd Street just east of Grand, next to the City Diner.
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

thanks. I'll check them out today.
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

i need a bike too, a cable snapped on my bike riding on [glow=red,2,300]the sidewalk [/glow] along troost this morning.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Actually for a week or two it might be cheaper to buy a used bike.  Check out Bikes and Trikes for Tykes.  They are a charity that refurbishes bikes for needy kids, and they sell used bikes for fundraising.  Their warehouse in NKC will be open to the public this Saturday, June 10.

http://www.bikesandtrikesfortykes.org
staubio
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by staubio »

warwickland wrote: i need a bike too, a cable snapped on my bike riding on [glow=red,2,300]the sidewalk [/glow] along troost this morning.
Derailleur or brake?  I've got an extra of each.  It is a quick change if you need a hand.  PM me.

Nota, how tall are you talking?  Even though I disagree with your every post, I'll loan you a bike. :-)
nota
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by nota »

Thanks to everyone. I happened to mention this at a meeting I went to this AM and someone loaned me a bike.

Staubio, you have a good heart Image
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

staubio wrote: Derailleur or brake?  I've got an extra of each.  It is a quick change if you need a hand.  PM me.
derailleur, there is an "extra" cable already on my bike for the "main" cog that i don't use, it's just a matter of switching cables...thanks though. my bikes really need all new gear i guess, i break something metal about once a month.
bahua
Administrator
Administrator

Post by bahua »

You should just drive.
beccanator
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by beccanator »

What is this rubbish, warwickland? We all know that you are really BICYCLE REPAIR MAN!

Oh look... is it a stockbroker? Is it a quantity Surveyor? Is it a church warden? NO! It's Bicycle Repair Man!

"Thank goodness you've come! Look!" *Clink! Screw! Bend! Inflate! Alter Saddle!* "Why, he's mending it with his own hands!" "See how he uses a spanner to tighten that nut!" "Oh, Oh Bicycle Repair Man, how can I ever repay you?" "Oh, you don't need to guv. It's all in a days work for...Bicycle Repair Man!"
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

beccanator wrote: What is this rubbish, warwickland? We all know that you are really BICYCLE REPAIR MAN!

Oh look... is it a stockbroker? Is it a quantity Surveyor? Is it a church warden? NO! It's Bicycle Repair Man!

"Thank goodness you've come! Look!" *Clink! Screw! Bend! Inflate! Alter Saddle!* "Why, he's mending it with his own hands!" "See how he uses a spanner to tighten that nut!" "Oh, Oh Bicycle Repair Man, how can I ever repay you?" "Oh, you don't need to guv. It's all in a days work for...Bicycle Repair Man!"

well, my tool kit is in w-burg. also: the accident machine literally fell apart last nite rifding home. both front and rear lugs came loose, the main cog is bent? and the rear gear - cluster? - unscrewed. so im back to the 10 speed stuck in 10th gear. tonight will be fun - wait up guys i have to hand-transfer the chain to gear 4... :lol:
beccanator
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by beccanator »

warwickland wrote:
well, my tool kit is in w-burg. also: the accident machine literally fell apart last nite rifding home. both front and rear lugs came loose, the main cog is bent? and the rear gear - cluster? - unscrewed. so im back to the 10 speed stuck in 10th gear. tonight will be fun - wait up guys i have to hand-transfer the chain to gear 4... :lol:
Don't worry, we'll wait for you... or we can hook your bike to ours and we'll tow you up any hills.   :lol:

p.s. that was an allusion to Monty Python, warwickland...I forget that you're ignorant to the ingenious humor of the Python gang. I'll never learn, will I?
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by warwickland »

beccanator wrote: Don't worry, we'll wait for you... or we can hook your bike to ours and we'll tow you up any hills.   :lol:

p.s. that was an allusion to Monty Python, warwickland...I forget that you're ignorant to the ingenious humor of the Python gang. I'll never learn, will I?
well i made a reference to the philospher soccer match to sheppard yesterday, anyway.