Sprint

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
SingleMalt12
Strip mall
Strip mall

Sprint

Post by SingleMalt12 »

I didn't know where else to put this and frankly I'm not sure anyone here really cares. If there are any Sprint employees here they might but I felt like sharing.

Until 2008 when we moved from Omaha we had Verizon cel service from when it was Airtouch. When we moved to Detroit in 2008 I shopped around and found a deal with ATT for cel, home phone, tv & internet through UVerse and have had cel service with ATT from then til now. I got on a kick and shopped MetroPCS(tmobile's prepaid), ATT, Tmobile, Boost and Sprint. I'll never ever even give Verizon a chance. Treat me bad once & it's enough.

Anyway, Sprint is now my new best friend. For $100 we got 5 lines, unlimited everything and four new phones. My wife kept her IPhone 6Plus. The phones are Samsung with 16GB. Good enough for me & the kids. Let me repeat that. $100 a month unlimited talk, text AND data at 4g(or whatever high speed is). That knocked everyone else out of competition. No activation fees, no sim fees, no surprises.

I'm not from KC (though in 2006 I came close to moving from Omaha), so I didn't have any loyalty to Sprint and some friends said they got spotty service back in the day.

Hell of a deal....
aknowledgeableperson
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Sprint

Post by aknowledgeableperson »

I'm sure coverage area has improved but when I had Sprint and went to a Sprint Cup race at the speedway I didn't have a signal. Also, at Grand Lake where I go often Sprint coverage it out-of-network and reception is spotty. Went to ATT and have no problems.
mykn

Post by mykn »

I had Sprint in 2012 and it was the first time I broke a contract to switch providers. Horrible reception (Even on Sprint campus), incredibly slow speeds, and somehow they managed to think I used 10 gigs of mobile hot spot in the matter of a few minutes. It took hours of tech support to clear up that issue. I mean, their damn network is so slow it would be impossible to use that kind of data that fast, should be pretty obvious that it was a mistake on their end... Never again!
Roanoker
Penntower
Penntower

Post by Roanoker »

I've used Sprint for my iPhone for four years. I use my phone for calls, messages, and music stored on the phone. I take pictures every now and then and download them onto my computer. I say all this to indicate that I am not a heavy user as many folks here may be, so my opinion may not be terribly valuable. Here goes, anyway: Sprint has been just fine for me.
SingleMalt12
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by SingleMalt12 »

Thought I'd give the end of the story. We cancelled the service & gave back the phones. Horrible service and that's about equal to the fact that the salesperson just plain lied to us. More than a few untold fees & what was promised just wasn't delivered. Dropped calls, voicemail that arrives the next day, spotty wifi. I'm not sure what the problem is but wow, what a disappointment.