Any True Detective Fans

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Any True Detective Fans

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I just love this show, probably one of the best shows to come out in a long time. I really think these 8-12 episode one season anthology shows have a great future in TV. Its like watching a very detailed movie.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Any True Detective Fans

Post by bobbyhawks »

I love the show. I am also pleased that they have committed to new stories every season. After they clean up in the Emmys, I'd imagine a lot of great actors would be interested in a stint with the series.

I can't remember many shows that had such seemingly immediate and universal acclaim or attention. It almost reminds me of the way people freaked out over Twin Peaks, but I was too young to watch the show when it first came out. Homeland stormed onto the scene in a bit of the same way, but the writers have to keep people interested as the plot gets more and more ridiculous each season. I think American Horror Story's reset of plot each season is also a great idea that keeps people interested without burning them out on annoying characters.