Does anyone churn credit cards for airline/hotel bonuses?

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Does anyone churn credit cards for airline/hotel bonuses?

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I was wondering if anyone does this? In the past year or two I have opened up like 15 credit cards to get the lucrative airline and hotel bonuses, if you look on various sites you can get some pretty good bonuses. Pretty much all of these credit card bonuses come with a $0 Annual Fee then after that the annual fee varies from 50-95 depending on what airline or hotel you have. You need a pretty strong credit score if you want to play the game because each CC app takes a couple point hit on your Credit Score.

Acquiring all these credit cards is kind of like a hobby of mine, I don't really know anyone that does it. I got my friend hooked on it and he ended up getting a free flight to New Zealand by just opening up 2 Citi American Airline credit cards.

Churning is a great way to travel for really cheap if you don't get to travel a lot for work.
shinatoo
Ambassador

Re: Does anyone churn credit cards for airline/hotel bonuses

Post by shinatoo »

brewcrew1000 wrote:I was wondering if anyone does this? In the past year or two I have opened up like 15 credit cards to get the lucrative airline and hotel bonuses, if you look on various sites you can get some pretty good bonuses. Pretty much all of these credit card bonuses come with a $0 Annual Fee then after that the annual fee varies from 50-95 depending on what airline or hotel you have. You need a pretty strong credit score if you want to play the game because each CC app takes a couple point hit on your Credit Score.

Acquiring all these credit cards is kind of like a hobby of mine, I don't really know anyone that does it. I got my friend hooked on it and he ended up getting a free flight to New Zealand by just opening up 2 Citi American Airline credit cards.

Churning is a great way to travel for really cheap if you don't get to travel a lot for work.
And a great way to destroy your credit rating.
brewcrew1000
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Does anyone churn credit cards for airline/hotel bonuses

Post by brewcrew1000 »

I already have a house and car so I don't really need a great credit score but if you are trying to get a loan or mortgage then the credit card game wouldn't be a wise decision.