Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Politics

Postby aknowledgeableperson » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:06 pm

What will the GOP House and Senate do?

City Center Square
City Center Square

Re: Politics

Postby FangKC » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 pm

‘Gov. Greitens has to go’: As lawmakers react, House will launch investigation

Walker, an early Greitens supporter, called for him to resign in the days after the allegations surfaced. He renewed those calls Thursday when asked whether the House should pursue impeachment.

“I called for him to step down three weeks ago because I thought this was going to happen. … My understanding was he was led off in handcuffs and that’s not a good sign for our executive of the state of Missouri,” Walker said. “He should resign.”

Rep. Kevin Corlew, a Kansas City Republican, joined the growing chorus of GOP lawmakers who want the governor to step down Thursday evening.

“In the wake of the grand jury criminal indictment, and with legal proceedings to come, I cannot see how he could effectively perform the duties of his office, let alone to lead with the kind of moral authority needed to make a positive impact,” Corlew said in a Facebook post. “For the good of our state and the ideals we stand for, I believe that Governor Geitens should resign.”

Sen. Caleb Rowden, a Columbia Republican, said on Twitter that he was “disgusted to learn” that the grand jury found sufficient evidence to indict the governor and called on resign immediately for “sake of our state.”

Return to “General Discussion”