As the Mid East burns...

Come here to talk about topics that are not related to development, or even Kansas City.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

As the Mid East burns...

Post by jlbomega »

Obama plays golf...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... ourse.html

CHANGE HAS ARRIVED!  Utopia is now here!  :lol:
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: As the Mid East burns...

Post by DaveKCMO »

jlbomega wrote: Obama plays golf...

guess who started the trend!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/2 ... 54031.html
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

jlbomega wrote: Obama plays golf...

he is not the president and as such cannot do much for about 22 days. dumbass.

get that fuckup you support to make something happen.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

He is the damned President-elect, not the president - if he were out there trying to take an active role in pursuing foreign policy objectives behind the current administration/state department's back everyone would be screaming bloody murder.  
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

DaveKCMO wrote: guess who started the trend!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/12/2 ... 54031.html
So you're saying Bush and Obama are just about the same?  I'm glad someone has finally realized the whole "change" slogan was a pile of garbage. 
kcdcchef wrote: he is not the president and as such cannot do much for about 22 days. dumbass.

get that fuckup you support to make something happen.
LOL... I guess this is another way to cope when you realize your hero sold you a bill of goods.  I would be pissed too if I bought the whole "change" mantra. 

I find it funny how Obama was so eager to get things going right after the election.  However as things have continued to get worse Obama has run for the hills.  He is doing everything possible to be able to run against George Bush again in 2012.   
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

jlbomega wrote: So you're saying Bush and Obama are just about the same?  I'm glad someone has finally realized the whole "change" slogan was a pile of garbage. 

LOL... I guess this is another way to cope when you realize your hero sold you a bill of goods.  I would be pissed too if I bought the whole "change" mantra. 

I find it funny how Obama was so eager to get things going right after the election.  However as things have continued to get worse Obama has run for the hills.  He is doing everything possible to be able to run against George Bush again in 2012.   
you're embarrassing yourself.
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

chrizow wrote: you're embarrassing yourself.
Couldn't agree more.
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

chrizow wrote: you're embarrassing yourself.
i wont take that highroad you and others like to take when someone says something you dont like. saying "you are embarrassing yourself" or "losing the argument", those are cliche.

saying all of that, jbl, show me anywhere in history of a president elect getting anything done between election and inaguration. just show me one example, is all i ask for, need, and want.

thanks in advance.
MU FINISHED THE YEAR RANKED HIGHER IN HOOPS AND FOOTBALL THAN THE KAY U JAYDORKS. UP YOURS KAY U JAYDORK FANS!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

kcdcchef wrote: i wont take that highroad you and others like to take when someone says something you dont like. saying "you are embarrassing yourself" or "losing the argument", those are cliche.
you're embarrassing yourself.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

This thread is an embarrassment. There will be plenty of things to criticize Obama over when he is actually President.
SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

kcdcchef wrote: i wont take that highroad you and others like to take when someone says something you dont like. saying "you are embarrassing yourself" or "losing the argument", those are cliche.

saying all of that, jbl, show me anywhere in history of a president elect getting anything done between election and inaguration. just show me one example, is all i ask for, need, and want.

thanks in advance.
That is because there are a lot of mental light weights on this board who will follow the almighty messaih no matter what.  In 22 days this man will be responsible for this country and he has been dead silent on most issues for the past several weeks.  Other than coming out and making several very broad statements about bailouts and a stimulus package we have no idea what this guy is going to do about anything in 22 days.  

At the very least he could come out and call for a cease fire, ask both sides to talk it out... you know the usual.  However he has not even done that.  My post was not exactly to throw Obama under the bus, it was to make my point that the man isn't anything special despite what his loyal followers believe.  
kcdcchef
The Quiet Chair
The Quiet Chair

Post by kcdcchef »

jlbomega wrote: That is because there are a lot of mental light weights on this board who will follow the almighty messaih no matter what.  In 22 days this man will be responsible for this country and he has been dead silent on most issues for the past several weeks.  Other than coming out and making several very broad statements about bailouts and a stimulus package we have no idea what this guy is going to do about anything in 22 days.  

At the very least he could come out and call for a cease fire, ask both sides to talk it out... you know the usual.  However he has not even done that.  My post was not exactly to throw Obama under the bus, it was to make my point that the man isn't anything special despite what his loyal followers believe.  
you are being a coward and a halfwit jbl, i covered your stupidity and arrogance with others in this discussion because i strongly believe they exhibit all too often the quickest way out of answering someone you disagree with is to proclaim them the loser, or saying you are making a spectacle of yourself, something of that nature.

but, in your fear of answering the obvious, show me where any president elect has done something/anything bold prior to inaguration. show me one. what did bush do in his 3 months?
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

Most President-elects will lay out a specific agenda for their first 100 days.  I know Obama has hinted at a few things, but no clear agenda has been set.  In fact, many of his campaign promises have been removed or the rhetoric toned down on his change.gov website. 

Also, if there is a major crisis a President-elect will usually at least give a position or have some kind of comment on it.  Obama had plenty to say about the economy until a few weeks ago.  Ever since he said "there is just one President" and the Blago controversy came down he has basically gone silent.  I assume he has gone silent because he doesn't want any of the fallout from the bailouts or Blago to be attached to him, which is smart IMO, but if he really is the "change America needs" he would taking stands on these challenging issues and America would know exactly what to expect in 22 days. 

Maybe it is because I still see so many infatuated followers of Obama that still believe "change" is coming to America under Obama.  "Change" does not raise more money for a campaign than Bush and Kerry combined from four years ago.  That money comes with a lot of strings attached and it will be very interesting to see which major donation group gets burned first. 
knucklehead
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by knucklehead »

Ya have to love the wing nuts

Before the election they were screaming, Obama is a dangerous radical!!!!!

Now they are complaining because he isn't a dangerous radical.

What is the obvious conclusion? The wing nuts are always complaining about something.

I guess if you had to choose, having them complain about Obama being to conservative is probably better than the alternatives.
jlbomega
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by jlbomega »

knucklehead wrote: Ya have to love the wing nuts

Before the election they were screaming, Obama is a dangerous radical!!!!!

Now they are complaining because he isn't a dangerous radical.

What is the obvious conclusion? The wing nuts are always complaining about something.

I guess if you had to choose, having them complain about Obama being to conservative is probably better than the alternatives.
That didn't even make sense. 
KansasCityCraka
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by KansasCityCraka »

jlbomega wrote: That didn't even make sense. 
Made perfect sense. But seeing as how you fall under that category it wont make sense to you.
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

I'm thrilled that Obama got elected, but I'm realistic about it too.  It happened eight years too late.  Republican leadership has damaged this country, probably irreparably.  In decades to come, history will look back on the Bush administration as the definitive end of the Pax Americana.  You can snipe (before Obama's even taken office) all you want, but nothing can change the fact that Al Gore was committed to paying off the national debt by 2012 and Bush instead opted to double it four years sooner.  And nothing Bush has done was all that unexpected.  Even before all the "war on terror" BS, this didn't exactly come out of nowhere.

Thanks for eight great years, Republicans.  It's been swell.  Never lose that smugness; it goes very well with the utter incompetence and complacency that has characterized this period.  And it would be a shame if this precipitous decline in American prestige and power should rain on your parade.  The rest of us can worry about that.  You deserve a pat on the back for recognizing that no amount of "change" is likely to successfully undo what has been wrought by your leadership.  Congratulations on a job well done.
Jeff
Pad site
Pad site

Post by Jeff »

phuqueue wrote: I'm thrilled that Obama got elected, but I'm realistic about it too.  It happened eight years too late.  Republican leadership has damaged this country, probably irreparably.  In decades to come, history will look back on the Bush administration as the definitive end of the Pax Americana.  You can snipe (before Obama's even taken office) all you want, but nothing can change the fact that Al Gore was committed to paying off the national debt by 2012 and Bush instead opted to double it four years sooner.  And nothing Bush has done was all that unexpected.  Even before all the "war on terror" BS, this didn't exactly come out of nowhere.

Thanks for eight great years, Republicans.  It's been swell.  Never lose that smugness; it goes very well with the utter incompetence and complacency that has characterized this period.  And it would be a shame if this precipitous decline in American prestige and power should rain on your parade.  The rest of us can worry about that.  You deserve a pat on the back for recognizing that no amount of "change" is likely to successfully undo what has been wrought by your leadership.  Congratulations on a job well done.
I wondered how long it would be before this came up. "Those dirty Republicans screwed it up so bad we can never straighten it out!"

If things are so messed up, make your "Chosen One" fix it.

Or have you just now come to the conclusion that he's not going to be any better than any other rat bastard politician?
grovester
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Post by grovester »

Jeff wrote: I wondered how long it would be before this came up. "Those dirty Republicans screwed it up so bad we can never straighten it out!"

Or have you just now come to the conclusion that he's not going to be any better than any other rat bastard politician?
Way to stay classy, Jeff!
phuqueue
Broadway Square
Broadway Square

Post by phuqueue »

Jeff wrote: I wondered how long it would be before this came up. "Those dirty Republicans screwed it up so bad we can never straighten it out!"

It's much easier to destroy than it is to (re)build.  But hey, thanks for not making any substantive points.