Renting in Waldo

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
warwickland
Oak Tower
Oak Tower

Renting in Waldo

Post by warwickland »

Alrighty

I am talking some CMSU graduates into moving to waldo (talked them out of Lees Summit) , as one will be a grad student at Avila.

Are there many rental units (homes, apartment) in waldo? I honestly know very little about the waldo cityscape.....
schugg
Hotel President
Hotel President

Re: Renting in Waldo

Post by schugg »

warwickland wrote: Alrighty

I am talking some CMSU graduates into moving to waldo (talked them out of Lees Summit) , as one will be a grad student at Avila.

Are there many rental units (homes, apartment) in waldo? I honestly know very little about the waldo cityscape.....
yeah, there are some.  for houses look in the 73rd & main area ( or behind quick trip on wornall ) even towards Holmes.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

Lots of apartments.  With multiple roommates you could probably get a 3 bedroom ranch house for a good deal.  Remember, Waldo is more than just the shops around 75th and Wornall.  The neighborhood goes north to Gregory, south to 85th or 90th, west to Ward Parkway, and east to Holmes.  Prices are generally cheaper in the south towards 85th and higher in the north towards Brookside.
heatherkay
Alameda Tower
Alameda Tower

Post by heatherkay »

You might call George Norton management.  They run a couple of apartment buildings in Waldo (at Gregory and Oak) and in Brookside (a 64th and Brookside).  There is no publicity about vacancies, other than tiny ads in the classified.

I lived at Gregory Gardens (71st and Oak), and I was renting a two-bedroom for about $500 per month.  They also have one-bedrooms for $450ish.  The condition of the apartments is variable, and they have window unit ACs.  But the kitchens are big, the location can't be beat for the price, and the landload even let one of my neighbors rip up the carpet to expose the hardwood floors.