Nextdoor.com

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
AlbertHammond
New York Life
New York Life

Nextdoor.com

Post by AlbertHammond »

Our neighborhood has started to use Nextdoor.com as an alternative to Facebook. It is working very well for us.

Are any of you using this site? Is it engaging folks well?

For anyone interested in reading more: http://nextcity.org/daily/entry/buildin ... ghborhoods

On a side note for those of you more web savvy than I, is there a way to see all the neighborhoods that are signed up?
chaglang
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: Nextdoor.com

Post by chaglang »

We use it in Squier Park. It works well if you remember to check it (which I don't). But other neighbors seem to use is very frequently, and it has done a pretty good job of connecting us with neighborhoods we don't hear much from.

On the front screen there is a way to see nearby neighborhoods. We are connected with 9 other neighborhoods: Hyde Park/Valentine (not sure why those are lumped together), Center City, Manheim, Southmoreland, Beacon Hill, Longfellow, Union Hill, Garfield, and this tiny neighborhood that appears to just be St. Vincent's Parish at 31st and Flora.
flyingember
Mark Twain Tower
Mark Twain Tower

Post by flyingember »

my neighborhood currently uses eNeighbors.

it's not very good, but at least a good percentage of the neighborhood is signed up.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

We use eNeighbors as well. It's fine, I get weekly emails about a suspicious vehicle in the area, or someone looking for a cheap reputable person who does something. We do have pretty good amount of our neghiborhood signed up for it, so that is good.
swid
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by swid »

Looks like many of us will have to try it out now, as it's been blessed by the city:

http://kcmo.gov/nextdoor/
AlbertHammond
New York Life
New York Life

Post by AlbertHammond »

AlbertHammond wrote: is there a way to see all the neighborhoods that are signed up?
For anyone interested, I figured out how to see what neighborhoods are on. Go to your neighborhood map, click on the "adjust your neighborhood boundary" and then pan to wherever you want. There are still many neighborhoods not on Nextdoor in the metro.