How Can I Get My House TIF'd?

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
slimwhitman
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

How Can I Get My House TIF'd?

Post by slimwhitman »

I could really use the money. You know...I can see a little paint starting to peel. The roof it getting near its end-of-life. The trees could use trimmed and there are a couple weeds in the lawn.

I am sure the property has some potential for future blight. Surely, the property is not at its full potential. If I updated everything, added a second story and made everything visually perfect, the maximum property tax potential could be realized. The city, county and state would see a huge windfall!

All I need is a little financial help. You know….all that money I pay in property tax should be given back to me so I can make these repairs. Then, in 20 years, they will be getting an annual huge property tax payment on the property.

If it works for (place name of any number of stupid TIF projects over the past 20 years), it can work for me, too.
Last edited by slimwhitman on Wed May 09, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobbyhawks
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: How Can I Get My House TIF'd

Post by bobbyhawks »

Step 1) Form a corporation.
Step 2) Hire 100 of your friends for $1 a year.
Step 3) Make a website with stock photos and business jargon about your corporation.
Step 4) Threaten to move from KS to MO or MO to KS.
Step 5) Profit.
taxi
Penntower
Penntower

Re: How Can I Get My House TIF'd

Post by taxi »

Actually, step one is to hire an attorney, or several of them.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Re: How Can I Get My House TIF'd?

Post by DaveKCMO »

declare your backyard blighted.