parking lot near Mill and Westport Rd?

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

parking lot near Mill and Westport Rd?

Post by chrizow »

i thought i heard that the parking lot across from america's pub/karma/kelly's and adjacent to buzzard, ernie biggs', etc., was slated to become some sort of mixed-use project?  there has been a sign there for a while.  i am sure there is a thread on this somewhere but i can't find it.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: parking lot near Mill and Westport Rd?

Post by dangerboy »

A couple of years ago several Westport property owners got together and announced a big plan to de-emphasize bars and clubs and build more residential, retail, and office.  So far the new mid-rise on Penn seems to be the only thing to come to fruition.  The parking lot in front of Buzzard was supposed to be an office-above-retail building, and residential was supposed to go on top of the Manor Square parking garage.
KCMax
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KCMax »

SAVE THE PLAZA - FROM ZOMBIES! Find out how at:

http://twitter.com/TheKCRag
chingon
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by chingon »

There's been a similar sign on the surface lot at the corner of Westport and Baltimore for at least 2 years.
dangerboy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by dangerboy »

chingon wrote: There's been a similar sign on the surface lot at the corner of Westport and Baltimore for at least 2 years.
Obviously the developers have been unable to find enough tenants to allow for construction.  Notice that the new building on Penn has been finished for months and still has no tenants...
Nathan
Parking Garage
Parking Garage

Post by Nathan »

Really, none?  That is too bad.  Is the asking price too high?
dangerboy wrote: Notice that the new building on Penn has been finished for months and still has no tenants...