29th and gillham parking lot

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
studentper
Strip mall
Strip mall

29th and gillham parking lot

Post by studentper »

Anybody know what's going on with the parking lot just north of the 30 gillham row townhomes?  the large retaining wall collapsed months ago, and it looked like somebody was going to repair it, but then they just pushed the dirt around into a pile?

the gillham row website has an "information coming soon" section for 29 Gillham Row that might be set to occupy this lot at some point, but i don't know how long that has been there.

just curious.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Re: 29th and gillham parking lot

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Not sure, even though I live 2 blocks west of it.  I'll ask my sales office when I pay my rent tomorrow and see if they know anything.

Edited:  I live WEST of it, not east.  Der.
Last edited by PumpkinStalker on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
studentper
Strip mall
Strip mall

Post by studentper »

PumpkinStalker wrote: Not sure, even though I live 2 blocks west of it.  I'll ask my sales office when I pay my rent tomorrow and see if they know anything.

Edited:  I live WEST of it, not east.  Der.
Thanks for asking them when you get a chance.  I noticed on the way to lunch that there is now a gillham row billboard on the north end of the parking lot--no dates yet.

do you live in the greenlease buildings?  a friend at work has a condo there and loves it.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Looks like rent payment is tomorrow, can't get there in time.  Nope I live in the rentals west of it.         
drumatix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by drumatix »

A lot of the decrepit-looking stuff over there is owned by Hallmark, believe it or not. The lot in question (with the failed retaining wall) may or may not be...
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

Don't believe so.  Hallmark does own a ton of vacant lots along McGee Trafficway, but the lot directly north of the Greenlease Cadillac condos and the collapsed retaining wall are not any of them that I'm aware of.
PumpkinStalker
Bryant Building
Bryant Building

Post by PumpkinStalker »

My sales person was completely un-helpful and had no idea even which lot I was talking about.  Apparently she is not aware the wall collapsed 9 months ago at that lot.  Sigh....some people....
drumatix
New York Life
New York Life

Post by drumatix »

PumpkinStalker wrote: My sales person was completely un-helpful and had no idea even which lot I was talking about.  Apparently she is not aware the wall collapsed 9 months ago at that lot.  Sigh....some people....
Wow - how could anyone miss that?

I'll bet you a dollar that the building owners directly to the east of the wall in question know who owns that lot. After all, their buildings are getting ready to start sliding in that direction.
medleyj
Pad site
Pad site

Post by medleyj »

drumatix wrote: Wow - how could anyone miss that?

I'll bet you a dollar that the building owners directly to the east of the wall in question know who owns that lot. After all, their buildings are getting ready to start sliding in that direction.
The owner of the lot is UCD 29 GILLHAM ROW LLP.

Go to this address and click "Online mapping." http://www.kcmo.org/kcmo.nsf/web/maps?opendocument
You can look up the owner of any property in the city.
FangKC
City Hall
City Hall

Post by FangKC »

Isn't that a partnership of the Urban Coeur people who built Gillham Row?  I think the plan to to extend the townhomes to the north.  The project is called 29 Gillham Row.

http://gillhamrow.com/29gillham_overview.asp

http://www.urbancoeur.com/29_gillham.html
Last edited by FangKC on Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no fifth destination.
KCLofts
Valencia Place
Valencia Place

Post by KCLofts »

29 Gillham Row has been dead for a while.  They were marketing it about 2 years ago, but quit.