Smokin Joes expansion?

Have a development question you want answered? Ask it here and you'll get your answer
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Smokin Joes expansion?

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Nothing too serious, but I noticed the other day that it looked like Smokin Joes has concrete foundations poured out in the open space at the tip of their lot.  Are they really expanding?  Lived around the bend for two years and I still haven't tried the place.
kc-vino
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Re: Smokin Joes expansion?

Post by kc-vino »

Maybe they are just adding an outside patio.  I'm not sure they currently have one.  The food is good you should try it. 
Put your money where your mouth is...live downtown.  Get out of the car and walk, shop, and play in the city.  Don't bring a suburban attitude/lifestyle to the city, rather be apart of changing the urban fabric for the better.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

kc-vino wrote: Maybe they are just adding an outside patio.  I'm not sure they currently have one.  The food is good you should try it. 
I think they actually tore down the wooden deck where they used to have outdoor dining to make room for this.  I suppose it may just be an expanded outdoor space, but the foundations looked fairly serious. 

Good to hear its decent, I will have to give it a try. 
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

the guy that runs it is very nice. just pop in and ask.
chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

DaveKCMO wrote: the guy that runs it is very nice. just pop in and ask.
this is your job.  we ask questions about the crossroads on the forum; you are dispatched to take photos, talk to people, etc.
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

chrizow wrote: this is your job.  we ask questions about the crossroads on the forum; you are dispatched to take photos, talk to people, etc.
fine, you lazy asses. i'm going to take a picture of the crossroads coffee house and ask joe about his smokin' expansion.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

DaveKCMO wrote: fine, you lazy asses. i'm going to take a picture of the crossroads coffee house and ask joe about his smokin' expansion.
Hey - you are the one at home.  The rest of us have to sit at our desks and try to look busy while we stare at the forum. 
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

LenexatoKCMO wrote: Hey - you are the one at home.  The rest of us have to sit at our desks and try to look busy why we stare at the forum. 
yeah, yeah... i'm collecting checks for doing the forum dirty work. who's next when i get a job?
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

yes, it's a much more serious set-up than what they had before. this will have a stairway up to the rooftop deck! there's a rendering taped to the front door:

chrizow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by chrizow »

DaveKCMO wrote: this will have a stairway up to the rooftop deck! there's a rendering taped to the front door:
very nice!  i've never been to SJ's either, but i will always support the presence of another rooftop deck.  does SJ serve beer?  (sorry, but that's the main thing that will draw me to a rooftop deck!)
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

Wow, that looks like a whole second level.  I was just figuring they were bumping out the front room a bit. 
DaveKCMO
Ambassador

Post by DaveKCMO »

chrizow wrote: very nice!  i've never been to SJ's either, but i will always support the presence of another rooftop deck.  does SJ serve beer?  (sorry, but that's the main thing that will draw me to a rooftop deck!)
yes, they serve beer... i don't recall exactly what kinds.

i forgot to mention that it will be at least a couple of months before it's ready.
LenexatoKCMO
City Center Square
City Center Square

Post by LenexatoKCMO »

The other night we walked by Smoking Joes and not only were they actually open during real evening hours for once, they actually had a live music act playing out on the new oof deck.  Didn't look like they had much of a crowd - hopefully they keep it going as I have still never tried the place as it is always closing by the time I get by. 
jimb
Western Auto Lofts
Western Auto Lofts

Post by jimb »

That deck was jammed on First Friday.  I ate there last Thursday afternoon, and the expansion gave some needed added space, although the chairs around the bar area are uncomfortable as hell.